Bitdefender Antivirus Free - English GUI

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Dec 23, 2012.

1. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Great. I'd also like to see that option available. :):thumb:

2. Tarantula

Tarantula Guest

Good detection rate, but...AV without custom settings? Thanks, but no thanks.

3. jdd58

jdd58 Registered Member

Thanks for that. False positive sent and received a reply less than 24 hrs later.

Is that the same address to submit suspicious files?

4. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi

Yes i think can you post your reply from your false positive

5. jdd58

jdd58 Registered Member

Their reply was that it was submitted to their virus lab and they would reply when they had made a determination (which has not happened yet).

6. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Okay thank you very much you can post their result here when you will

7. jdd58

jdd58 Registered Member

Just checked my email this morning and I see a response yesterday from Bitdefender support that the false positive would be removed in a few updates. That was received a little over 24 hrs from my original submission, very good.

I did try to re-download this morning and it was blocked by the web filter initially. A few minutes later the web filter allowed the file to download so I assume it took a few minutes for my PC to get synchronized with the BD server.

I did check the original locations of the deleted files and they were not restored, which was what I expected.

8. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Thank you very much

9. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi

Yes you can submit suspicious Files too, but the Files Must Be in a Passworded zip Folder and post your Passwort into the Message for Bitdefender

10. jdd58

jdd58 Registered Member

Thanks Mops21. I did find this info the other day, -http://www.bitdefender.com/support/What-to-do-when-Bitdefender-does-not-detect-malware-492.html

What I am wondering now is How will BD/gonzales handle files that have been deleted/quarantined and later found to be false positives? Will they be automatically restored?

The coming ability to exclude and restore manually would satisfy me personally, but what about those that are helpless as a new-born kitten when it comes to computer security?

11. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

A few pages back (or somewhere in this thread), it was explained that files that were given the boot, if determined to be an FP, were brought back onto the system automatically. However, this might only apply to system files. For those who don't understand how BD currently handles files and doesn't want to deal with the risks, I'd stay away until this quarantine issue got worked out..which is hopefully soon. FPs spook people, and not being able to override the AV spooks them more.

12. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I agree... and I'm not holding my breath... it may be a longer wait than we think... There isn't too much official info posted here...

13. jdd58

jdd58 Registered Member

That's what I thought. Personal experience the other day found that not to be the case. (Was a non-system file.)

Since the gonzales project is marketed as a product that requires little to no user input I thought it ought to auto-correct itself.

I've seen in the past when a person was confronted by their AV that a virus was found, "What do you want to do (ignore, quarantine, delete?)", they say Oooh-delete. But when I tell them it's a false positive they are astounded. They think that ever their AV tells them is a fact.

So I think BD is on the right track for an AV for the masses. Auto quarantine with notification, with the ability for experts to restore manually. Then auto restore from quarantine for the masses.

14. Pigula

Pigula Registered Member

I'm experiencing BDAV crashes during playing fullscreen games such as AoE 2, HoMM series, Magic The Gathering: Duels of the planeswalkers etc. Sometimes BDAV just minimizes games, and when I maximize them to fullscreen, BDAV minimizes it again after few seconds and it repeats until I manually shut down BDAV... I'm using WinXP 32-bit operation system.

15. javagreen

javagreen Registered Member

Can someone tell me whether it plays well with Malwarebytes Pro?

16. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

It wants you to uninstall it...

17. DBone

DBone Registered Member

But you can just click "no thanks" during the install and continue without issue. I tested the two together and had no problems.

18. javagreen

javagreen Registered Member

@Kerodo & DBone : Thanks, I saw that 'No Thanks' option during installation and proceeded with it. Yeah, it seems to work with it for now, hopefully it stays that way :)

19. zip

zip Registered Member

BD has a fp for the new version of ZoneAlarm. :mad:

20. zip

zip Registered Member

ZoneAlarm Security release is 11.0.000.054. BD fp. :mad:

21. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

And it deleted the files directly didn't it?

22. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Is there an option to select excluded folders/files?

thanks.

23. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Nope....

24. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Thanks.

I would be willing to give it a try even before the quarantine function is available, if there was some option to exclude folders/files.

Is kind of surprising that a professional company like BitDefender releases a AV without quarantine and exclusion functions... o_O

Hope they fix it.

25. Carver

Carver Registered Member

It has already been suggested already, I know it is a daunting task but it would benefit you if you just read the whole thread. ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.