Bitdefender Antivirus Free - English GUI

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Dec 23, 2012.

1. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Same here. W7 x64 SP1 Home Premium. I had to uninstall in safe mode as it tried to brick my machine. :thumbd:

2. internet addict

internet addict Registered Member

The same OS I'm using. Was worried my hard drive was going bad, but then I saw BD Free wasn't scanning any files and not updating and kinda thought that's what was causing the problem. Sure enough it was exactly the problem.

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

4. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

I was planning to reinstall it as it is one of the few AVs that provided web protection without bloating the browsers with addons. But this latest development is disconcerting :doubt:

5. franckinou

franckinou Registered Member

Hi,

... and today no updates !!! :(

6. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Exact same thing here.

7. ance

ance formerly: fmon

The same thing happened here! :( I think it's necessary to start a closed beta to fix all the bugs before Bitdefender destroys further computer ...

8. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

At this point, I almost don't believe they're capable of fixing it...

9. DBone

DBone Registered Member

I gotta say after yesterday morning, I am done.

10. internet addict

I can't risk damaging my computer. It was so bad yesterday I really did think my computer was a goner. Such a shame because I liked BD Free while it was working alright, minus the LOGS button not working the majority of the time.

Avast should suit me just fine until BD get their act together, and even then I lost a little bit of trust after yesterday.

11. Maybe bitdefender can use some of qihoo's code to release a stable freebie :D

12. DBone

DBone Registered Member

I've been delving more and more into no real time protection whatsoever, with my main protection being a recent system image and on-demand scans with MBAM & HMP.

13. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

:thumb: :argh: :thumb:

14. internet addict

What program do you use for a system image?

15. DBone

DBone Registered Member

The on-board Windows 7 tool. It has never failed me on more then 100 occasions. :thumb:

16. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Win 7 Built-In imaging is fine as DBone mentions. Also Macrium Reflect Free is good too... I have used both with zero issues for years...

17. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Just FYI.
    http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=48320&view=findpost&p=196728

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=48320&view=findpost&p=196740

18. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 Registered Member

i too faced this issue & ironically this was the first issue i faced with BD Free(no logs button/ads/startup issue) & also the first which made me uninstall & reinstall it.everything seems to be working fine now just like earlier.

19. ance

ance formerly: fmon

Well done Bitdefender. There are several known issues but it takes them several months to fix them, that's just ridiculous.

I think you're absolutely right. :doubt:

20. internet addict

All I know is I don't want my computer potentially ruined by AV software.

21. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Best protection against that is an image. Sooner or later, nasty things happen.

22. internet addict

Yes. I've gotta get around to creating a system image.

23. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Next time you reformat and set up from scratch, make that the first thing you do after you're fully updated etc. It pays off...

24. DBone

DBone Registered Member

:thumb: My ultimate parachute. I re-mount this image every six months and do all M$ updates and re-save again, while keeping the previous copy too.........That way I don't have a huge amount of updates to do if I waited say 2 years to use, and just in case something goes wrong with the M$ updates, I have several earlier copies to use too.

25. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

OK to all those people who were talking about BDAV free having less sigs.They are wrong.

I just did some tests in VM.BDAV missed 39.

On launch,Active Virus Control detected and blocked most of them and only 12 were left.I guess AVC is somehow cloud based.

Anyway,it just sounds like there is not much difference in using QIhoo and BDAV free as even in qihoo it looks like AVC detections are moved into 360 Cloud with their own added signatures.I discovered this after some testing and research. :D

A very sensitive and reactive Proactive defense in qihoo makes it bit more better.But even BDAV free has some behaviour blocking stuff in my test.

What only is a itch on both sides is that,both depend on cloud to get high detection rates.I personally go with Qihoo because of QVM2 and proactive defense and being more stable

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.