BitDefender 8 free eats RAM even when not in use..

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sweater, Dec 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I disabled the ClamWin AV to run in auto start-up, and its still fine and i only use it when scanning viruses..it didn't eats up any RAM when not in use... but the BitDefender 8 free always consumes RAM even if not in use, always running, I have already disabled all of its functions in general settings.. I even disabled the automatic update features just to save some resources and memory. :( but still it showed up in the start-up entry in ProcX. I tried to disable some of its entries in Autoruns(sysinternals.com) but I couldn't load it when I tried to. And I have to enable it again in the Autorun.

How can I make BitDefender not to run in the start-up coz I only like to use and run this AV when I am scanning for virus...as back-up scanner.o_O

Attached Files:

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

BitDefender 8 Free edition runs three main processes;

1.bdss.exe - Scan Server.
    2.xcommsvr.exe - BitDefender Communicator Server.
    3.bdmcon.exe ; the Management Console.

The main memory user is bdss.exe and takes up about 18 MB VM on my system.

You can disable bdss.exe as it runs as a service; Start>Programs>Administrative Tools>Services OR Type services.msc in the run menu.

Attached Files:

3. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

You can also contact BitDefender's Live Support, they'll help you if you've got any problems :)

4. sweater

;) I followed this instruction... but BitDefender scanner was unable to start scanning not until I select it again and click start in services. I mean, I have to always click start in the administrative services everytime I do the manual scans instead of clicking in the BitDefender console. :cautious:

How can I do the manual scan to immediately scan my pc using the BitDefender start button instead of going to administrative services consoleo_O? or this is the only way, to always go to admins services to start manual scanningo_O? :blink:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2006
  5. sweater

I forgot to... here's the attach image everytime I do the manual scans after I followed your instruction and set the admin services of this thing to manual:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.