Bitdefender 2014 is out!!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by c2d, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdnsempre

cdnsempre Registered Member

I´m sorry but my Bitdefender Total security v 17 2014, was not work well on my Pc Win7 Home Premiun 64bit after one week. I Changed to MSE and yes, it works well. Amazing MSE

2. c2d

c2d Registered Member

What happened?

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

There's nothing at all surprising about this. We constantly read in these threads how one security product works well for one person and not another. There are more variables than we can sometimes understand. I have Bitdefender IS 2014 running on two of my computers and I haven't had the slightest problem with it. If MSE works better for you that's fine :)

4. Volare

Volare Registered Member

^This, is the major reason why I dumped BD just over a year ago. It was a real PITA attempting to do a system restore. I had to go into safe mode and then also disable a particular BD service for it to work. Not to mention, it leaves way too many registry entries and files all over the place when uninstalling this app - even when using their removal tool. Even the installation process had a few occasional bumps (but nothing major).

IMO there's not much separating the major/well-known AV products when it comes to protection and too much is made of AV lab tests/comparatives, etc. These vendors differentiate themselves more so these days with their support/services. If an AV breaks something that I consider to be a critical windows security feature, such as system restore, then I consider it to be a major flaw. When I first installed BD, I also noticed that Windows image backups would no longer work - this was caused since BD installed certain files or did something to the system reserved partition where I no longer had at least 40MB of free space that was required for windows 7 imaging to function. In order to fix this, I had to use a partitioning tool to extend my SR partition beyond 100MB. BD gave me too many headaches. I never thought I'd come to say that my experience with AVG (paid edition) is that it trumps BD any day of the week.

5. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

After seeing test after test with BD at the top... I thought that I had to have it.

I took off another AV... and installed BD.

Uugghhh...

It was difficult and buggy. Among other things, it kept telling me to reboot my machine over and over..

I was just happy that I was in 'try' mode.

It made me appreciate how stable and reliable my original AV was/is.

6. cdnsempre

After 1 week with Bitdefender Total security v17 and drawn directly on the official website of the brand and in Portuguese, my computer was slow and the app to work with many cuts and the machine became heavy. What have I done? Uninstalled and I opted for the MSE v.4.216 and everything went back to working normally. A few time ago Eset nod 32 also does not work well on my pc. I tested in 2013, Norton AV and WSA worked very well.

7. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

It has never been clear to me that when some try an AV, and find it buggy and unsatisfactory they feel obligated to describe it in vulgar and vile language. Certainly this thread has demonstrated such comments.

Personally, I have found every AV that I have used or tried has some problems that sometimes cause me to reject it. I think the only one that has not is Norton. I stopped using it only because they do not participate in AV-C tests and so I am not sure how it compares.

Why do some find it necessary to be so heated and violent, language wise, about an AV? If you do not like it please say so and state your problems or objections. That is helpful.
    And if you dislike it DON'T USE IT!

I am one of the least technically capable members here, and have received MUCH help and information, but I never appreciate one seemingly to lose his temper over an AV.:mad: That is never helpful.

Regards,
    Jerry

8. c2d

c2d Registered Member

Yes, I know that feeling. Happened to me on a two PCs. Such a shame for a program with a great detection rate.
    Thanks.

9. cdnsempre

I invite you enter malwaretips to read critical when experts speaking and critical Bitdefender.
    I think that you should be humble in its assessments.

10. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Agreed. It's unprofessional and doesn't advance the discussion. Criticism is always more effective when verifiable facts are stated without prejudice. I'd like to see this thread get back on topic.

11. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Removed Off Topic Posts. Let's Focus on Bitdefender 2014 and Not Bash Each Other. Thank You!

12. Banzi

Banzi Registered Member

Been running BD AV+ 2014 for a few months now & it works great, I don't use the password manager or wallet stuff so that was disabled.

Only issue I had was not long after it was released, it would cause a frame rate drop in most games I had even though game mode was on & games were added to the games list, after the next program update the issue was resolved.

13. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Another off-topic post removed.

Concentrate on subject and not bashing each other

Thanks

14. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

Does anyone know how/where to do full product downloads of the various 2014 BD products? I hate using the stupid downloader programs and want full product installs for disaster recovery purposes....

15. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Check on Softpedia, I just saw that they have the BD Total Suite wich is a 402MB download :)

16. superssjdan

superssjdan Registered Member

Here is what you requested http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=46845

17. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

18. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.