Bitdefender 2013 IS Damage?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tomdy2k, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Seconds out, Round 2 :p :blink: :cautious:

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Ding Ding:p

BullGuard with BD engine again just the AV, I had no damage and no slow downs. IMO is another excellent product I put on my short list.

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Question: Does BitDefender give an email response to malware submissions, and how much is the time taken to add a sample once sent to them?

4. Dubslap

Dubslap Registered Member

I got Bitdefender Plus AV 2 days ago i used it for about 4/5 hours befor i uninstalled. At first i thought it was mbam pro conflicts because my pc would hang/freeze causing me to force reboot. I reinstalled windows and this time just ran Bitdefender but same problem. If i run ccleaner my pc will hang/freeze forcing me to reboot. Sometimes it will even hang/freeze at random points, even uninstalling i had problems, shame because i really like bitdefender but its causes me to much hassle.

5. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

This is a common problem with it. A friend a few weeks ago got it, and had hangs or BSODs every so often that stopped when he uninstalled it. He ended up getting a refund and going with WSA. I installed BD on a fresh snapshot, and it wasn't long after I started getting crashes. :'(

6. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I read reviews and user comments about Av security products all the time. But BD seems to elicit more controversy and divergent opinions than most.

8. Anth-Unit

Anth-Unit Registered Member

When I tried the trial version it would crash my browser whenever using the "save as" option on anything in the browser window.

9. shaine

shaine Registered Member

you know i have to agree with most of the peeps that have had a tough time getting bis/bts to run smoothly and not slow down your system i have now tried both in the last 2 weeks and i found that not even after i did a clean install of windows 7 i have lost almost fifty percent of my speed ? with out any protection i get 150 mbps with other paid versions of anti virus i still get between 130 mbps and 150 mbps and with bis or bts i get 84 mbps max ? so i have to say it is not just you it is bds that the problem lies as much as i like the renowned protection i am not willing to give up that kind of resource for anything i pay a lot of $$$ for that kind of service and now i have paid to have half of it taken away ? and it is not that i have an old machine it is a thinkpad t410 that was assembled in early 2011 so it is definitely not the case so i can only come to one conclusion bds sucks the life out of you system and if you are using something a little older well i wont go there but anyway i just want a well rounded av that does not affect my system with that kind of impact so i guess i am in the refund line and back to my old but effective not hard on the resources av with less of a reputation for being the best and that brings me to the question is bds any good at all ? just hope i can get my 40 bucks back .

10. dogit1989

dogit1989 Registered Member

I also had major problems with Bitdefender Free. It would slow down my computer and my Internet connection, almost to a standstill. I download their uninstall utility and left the dropdown list to all Bitdefender products. It ran 3 or 4 times and I rebooted. I also downloaded the uninstall utilities for all of the other antivirus programs that I have previously install and ran those uninstall utilities. After I finished, I rebooted and did a new install of Bitdefender Free and have had no problems since. I hope this helps all the frustrated people out here.

11. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Installed BitDefender on a friend's PC, nowhere near the fastest, yet good enough to run Windows 7. She has no problems whatsoever. Sometimes, things just work. Other times, they don't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.