Bitdefender 2009 product line is OUT!!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by kdcdq, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

I noticed via the Bitdefender website (http://www.bitdefender.com/index.php) that their 2009 products were released to the general public on Monday, August 18.

And, no, I haven't installed any of 2009 products yet. I do have a two year license (with one year remaining) on Bitdefender ISS, and I am running this 2008 version on one of my XP laptops.

And the reason that I haven't installed BD 2009 ISS yet: the last two initial releases of this product caused major system problems on my laptop. In my experience, it normally takes BD roughly four to six weeks to make their new releases stable and not so "buggy". So I am holding off for a while......

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

3. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

It has been released only in USA. The world-wide or country specific site (other than USA) of bitdefender still shows 2008 version.

http://www.bitdefender.com/world/

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

total secuirty is definatly bloatware....
    duplicate file cleaner,registry cleaner,file shreder,backup etc.
    there is one feature i do like that another suite has is the ability to change the settings and setup scans etc of other computers with the product installed. a cut down version of the administration kits businesses use.

5. Flava

Flava Registered Member

According to this guy from pcmag the new version bitdefender 2009 has worse detection rate then kaspersky 2009,
    that's what it writes there if you read all about bitdefender2009.

6. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i may give it a spin with one of the licences i have :)

i didnt like the beta though, but you never know... :)

7. kinwolf

kinwolf Registered Member

While KIS has better detection rate, has showned in coutless tests, BD is never far behind and always in the top tier. Removal is another matter though. A weekness sadly in BD, great detection to prevent infection, but just OK removal.

8. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

Although that's true, I still wouldn't read any review about security products from PcMag.

9. s4u

s4u Registered Member

One of your licenses? How many do you have? :eek:

10. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I grew tired of BDIS 2008, but thought I would give BDIS 2009 try. I ran it using my BDIS 2008 license. I didn't like it. I didn't like the GUI. Web pages open slower than normal with http scanner enabled, or disabled. Over all, every thing just seemed to be more sluggish. Not a big fan of Bitdefender any more.

11. buridan

buridan Registered Member

This was one of the reasons why I didn't renew my license almost 2 years ago. I periodically check forums to see if BD has finally addressed their slowdown issues. Apparently not. I would love to give them another shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.