bitdefender 2008 fails to detect in game mode

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sach1000rt, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sach1000rt

sach1000rt Registered Member

I dont know much about this game mode. just a while i started using bitdefender internet security trial. So i switched to the gaming mode(well after upadating) to test against malwares. it detected all 4 viruses except one which has a embedded viruses within. so the virus got activated . then i scanned the c drive it detected that virus but couldnt disinfect or delete it.I think safe mode scan will erase that.
    But what will be the protection with gaming mode on?
    i really like this game mode concept cause i always have some heavy works on my system.but i think it has to be a bit more developed to prevent these type of
    malwares.
    Meanwhile its running as smooth as avira on my system(surprisingly). I think its because of my 2gb RAM, whatever its running well consuming 5 to 10 mb of RAM(4 processses).

2. kinwolf

kinwolf Registered Member

Gaming mode does 3 things(AFAIK)

1- Allows all communications through the firewall unless there is a rule against it already(it won't pop up for new rule while it's on)
    2- Disable AV updates until game mode is turned back off. (you can override this behavior in the Settings tab of the Update panel)
    3 - Sets your real-time protection level to permissive, so yes you have less AV protection while it's on.(Only scan executable files, no spyware detection)

Game mode is there mostly to remove the nagging firewall pop up that can happen when a games open mutiple ports and such. It's not recommended to leave it on.

Kin

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.