bitdefender 10

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by lodore, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

You will get the same download link if you download the file from the "Evaluation" Section.

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

3. SirHejsan

SirHejsan Registered Member

Can anyone here with Bitdefender 10 plus, run the pokerclient in the Prima/Microgaming network. Pokercompanies like bet365.com and betway.com is in the Prima/Microgaming network. www.bet365.com let you download the program without register if you want to test it for me. I had to uninstall Bitdefender 10 plus to make it work, if I just shutdown Bitdefender it still doesn't work. This is not a ad for you to start playing poker

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

The rootkit scan seems to be working for me; but the progress bar is not advancing even though the number of files scanned count is increasing.

Also, about the constant hard disk grinding by bdmcon.exe - I found that once it finishes accessing *each and every folder on each and every drive* on your computer; it finally settles down and the grinding stops for good. Restarting does not bring back the grinding. Talked to support about this and they said that this is an expected behaviour :eek:

5. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Could this bdmcon.exe behavior be the reason why when I started up my computer for the first time in the morning, after being shut down for the night, I had trouble openning web pages? After my startup programs would load, and the icons showing in the task bar, when I tried to open any web pages, they would hang for several seconds, and then finally open. If I clicked on a link on a web page, that would hang also. This would continue for about a minute or two, after that, everything was fine. No problems with web pages hanging after reboots. I tried rebooting several times in a row, and this problem wouldn't occur. Only after intitial startup. I finally removed BD 10.

6. Firecat

It could be partly caused by bdmcon.exe, but I have noticed that BitDefender's HTTP scanner is hanging pages sometimes.

7. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

I have spoken to their "Technical Support" (that's the second life after the regular support) regarding the HTTP scanner. They told me that BitDefender has a different philosophy about it then it's competitors.

The HTTP scanner is supposed to pass trough all it's findings to the on-access scanner. So again the behaviour we notice is expected. Explaination for this was that it would be easier for users, and they spoke about certain compatibility gains.

8. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

9. Firecat

AntiVirus Plus and Internet Security editions are also updated.

10. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Mmm... the first beta version told me almost "everything" about BD 10. I will never install it again. :cautious:
    Even the previous versions: 8, 9 had many bugs or annoying behaviour like Firecat mentioned...and if they believe it is an expected one... no comment. :blink: :doubt:

11. sick0

sick0 Registered Member

is build 108 the updated version?

12. Firecat

Build 108 is the current version, the original bugged version was also build 108.

13. sick0

sick0 Registered Member

so only the installer is updated...

im not gonna give this one a try after reading this thread...

thanks firecat...

14. WarrenPS

WarrenPS Registered Member

After installing BitDefender 10, I noted several errors logged in my Event Viewer. The details are posted below:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7000
    Date: 9/6/2006
    Time: 11:30:37 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: WARREN-7RZ2A5ED
    Description:
    The bdfdll service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the path specified.

BitDefender tech support says that the software can work fine without this module that is designed to send info. regarding suspect files from your computer to their labs. Thus, I have disabled the device in Device Mgr.
    I was just wondering if anyone on this forum has noted this problem.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2006
  15. Firecat

BDFDLL.sys is present on my computer, in the folder where BD has been installed. I'll check the logs later and inform you whether the process is functional or not. :)

16. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

17. Firecat

It is a pre-updated version which has been created primiarily for use by the tester in the September 2006 Virus Bulletin test.

I do not think it is a special version. It could, however, contain some extra engine updates that were only released a bit later to the public (most likely now its released and functional for the public too).

18. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Wtf, are Softwin guys totaly dumb or what? Reported dead rootkit scanner two weeks ago and it's still just dead, won't even start scanning.:rolleyes:

19. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Thanks for the info. :D

20. Davidpr

Davidpr Registered Member

I have had a few issues with BD10. Tonight I discover it has not updated since 7 September on two PC's. A manual update does not work and tells me to check my internet connection.

Tried tech support again, no reply. This is not the first time they have not responded. I like BD, it is light and has everything I want, good licensing as well, but so many areas are wrong with it.

I have had enough and will look at something else.

21. lodore

lodore Registered Member

try antivir premium or nod32

22. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

BitDefender team used to be very responsive and got all the replies in matter of hours or maiximal in 12-24 hours timeframe. But ever sinc ethey launched their 10th product line it's absolutelly catastrophic. Samples are not being added, tech support is non existent and whole bunch of other stuff. Very bad.

23. lodore

lodore Registered Member

they must have alot on there plate

24. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Yeah, more than they can handle...:rolleyes:

25. Davidpr

Davidpr Registered Member

I have gone back to running Prevx by itself. It is about the only security program that I have tried recently without silly issues such as BD10 not updating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.