bitdefender 10

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by lodore, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Noted. :eek: To much. :thumbd:

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Too much!? Are you sure you're looking at correct column?
    Coz i could count only 7MB of physical memory usage (rounded a bit). That VM is not really important as it's virtual memory... And even for VM it's far from high...

3. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

I would say the UK version and International version are identical apart from the screen where it will give you their website phone etc for UK support only. I live in Australia and our English here is based on the UK English.

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Yep, thats what I mean. The UK and International versions are identical except for the contact information.

5. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

Oh well I'm suspecting the International version should be relaesed anytime soon, say before the end of this month.

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Though it's odd that BD10 UK version contains all sorts of bugs and unfinished stuff that i've reported long ago in beta tests...
    Like HTTP scanner that reports local file while all other AVs capable of HTTP scanning always report URL as source of infection. Plus they actually prevent file from being written to disk while BD10 acts like real-time scanner with archive scanning enabled just for stuff downloaded from HTTP.
    It's just weird.

7. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Equally weird is the fact that the BitDefender UK website has not been updated with information on BitDefender 10, even though it is released for UK users....

However, the FTP links do say that it is the final version :doubt:

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well i'm wondering why the hell i've wasted quiet some time (and two OS reinstalations) because of their beta test program. They haven't fixed or included A SINGLE THING that i've reported or suggested.
    How lame is that, not to mention dissapointing and completelly unprofessional. Bunch of bugs and crappy features were just coped from ancient BD8 and left completelly unchanged (covering it with nicer GUI is imo not the way).

- Updater is still launching taskbar stuff all over the place even though task bar is indeed not restarting. Lots of slowdowns and connection breakdowns during this process. Don't see why all otehr AVs can update silently but BD has to relaunch 10 thousand flashy taskbar windows. WTF!?

- Not installed modules are still reported as being disabled and tray icon is not red but pinkish (saying some modules are disabled). Well hell they are, i haven't even installed them. I've reported this and they assured me it was fixed. It was fixed/implimented my ass.

- HTTP scanner reports local files isntead source URL like ALL other AVs do.
    Reported this too, they said it was fixed. Sorry but i don't see it fixed.
    Plus it's a crappy feature that hardly deserves name "HTTP scanner".

And i could find god knows what else. I've beta tested lots of products and this was certanly one of the biggest dissapointments to date. Even bigger than with Kaspersky which was pretty crappy too but not neraly as bad as this.

9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

jerry in the release notes it says problems with a2 software ,spybot and nero image drive nothing else

10. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks, Lodore.
    I am not sure if I will get around to trialing it or not. I have a license for the AV that is good until the end of the year or so, but I do not think the stand alone AV will be out soon.

I like F-Secure and KAV6 better and don't think I will "disturb" the system to trial BD10.
    It is kinda fun to trial new applications though. I think that if I had the room I might get another computer just to test various new versions and applications. BUT, I don't.

Thanks again,
    Jerry

11. lodore

lodore Registered Member

if your happy with kaspersky and f-secure then keep em. im interested in most av's atm i do like f-secure my current av but i hope they improve the resourse useage like they said in the 2007 beta realease notes cos if they do improve it alot i will get the new version.

12. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I'm a license holder, so I decided to install the UK version of BD 10 just to check it out. I had some problems with e-mail scanning with BD 9, and I wanted to see if they had gone away with this version. So far no problems. It's running very smoothly on my XP Home/SP2. My resourse usage is even less then is shown in RejZoR's screen shot. I'll keep it on a few more days to see how it goes. My next step is to reinstall SpywarBlaster to see how the two get along. :)

13. lodore

lodore Registered Member

cool graystoke please keep me updated on that. and can you show you task manager for reourse useage?

14. Graystoke

lodore......

Here is a screen shot of my Task Manager.

Attached Files:

15. lodore

lodore Registered Member

that looks a lot lighter on you pc thanks for the screenshot

16. Graystoke

You're welcome. And so far no problems with SpywareBlaster and BD.

17. ink

ink Registered Member

I don't like these bugs either, although the programme runs well.

18. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

add mcafee 2007 to the great list of security companies gone crazy this year...
    firstly what made them rush into a total-protection kinda suite...microsoft isn't the the best and i fell mcafee/norton had no competition there..
    Secondly one needs to ask mcafee what made them release a beta,not completely tested as final release?
    People are experiencing 1000's of bugs...now..

19. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

How is Bitdefender's antispyware doing compared to etc. Kaspersky?

20. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

:oops: I'm sorry Rejzor. My mistake. I was indeed looking wrong. You are correct. ;)

21. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

i just recieved an e-mail,bitdefender has been officially launched...
    ~~ snipped link ~~

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2006
  22. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

23. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

i want to know whether the anti rootkit module is included in the suite? or is it still in beta as seperate module? :rolleyes:

24. lodore

lodore Registered Member

well when i looked at the custom options for on demand scans you can tick the box "scan for rootkits" so i hope this anwsers your question

25. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Care to show us where you found that (with screenshot). Coz i just can't seem to find any such feature in BD10 Standard...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.