bitdefender 10 beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by the extremist, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

That however doesn't mean we shouldn't notify them. Otherwise they'll think we don't care about that...
    In beta testing there is no assuming. If you see something unusual, you report that.

2. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

Sure, but I only explained why... :)

3. X-Spider

X-Spider Registered Member

Thanks, thats exctually what i tried to tell all the time.
    because customers complained about having antispyware on standard and pro version and they made it, and if many customers also complain about resourcess they will maybe do something about it:eek:
    so all pls email them.
    By the way Rejzor did you see about the Icon-GUI it does not restart every update/upgrade? , happy about that!:D

4. Ciubaka

Ciubaka Registered Member

Has anyone tried to submit files in the "Submit Bugs: section of beta.bitdefender? it does not work, it says invalid file type, regardless of the file type i use

5. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

My first impression with this beta is quite positive. It's certainly still very rough on the edges, but since it's the first beta that doesn't mean anything yet. I really like the small changes in the GUI.

I don't have too much experience with their "Internet Security" since I used the "Standard" instead. But I think version 10 really has potential, and it's a good move BitDefender is offering public beta testing now too.

Let's test everybody and report bugs and wishes. In my eyes BitDefender (Standard) is and remains the best price/performance product on the market.

6. X-Spider

i am not sure but i think that the Icon-GUI does not restart every update or am i wrong about it?
    and yeah we all should email them about resourcess, its killing my PC:(

And no the Icon-GUI still restart´s, it is there but while it updates/upgrades i tried to download Eicar-test file and it did not blocked, so it means that the Icon is restarting again every update ohh :(

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Yup, updater is not restarting tray icon anymore. This restarting was so annoying and also caused major slowdowns while playing CounterStrike:Source because whole GUI had to reload. Now i was playing with BD10 and it updated in between. Didn't even know it did update.:D

8. X-Spider

But what about resourcess:( it using so much:'(
    50 to 60 mb memory it using with all these process CPU, and has 8 of them, its spam in CPU they should use only 2 or 3 and highest using 15 MB memory or even less ?, has anyone complained and get a email back about this maybeo_O

9. mrhero

mrhero Registered Member

Same here. I can't send a Screenshot.

10. arthaszen

arthaszen Registered Member

1. problem solved with file submission, try again in 30 min

2. restarting problem during update is partially solved, i belive you saw the improvements, in later releases will be much mooore:)

3.sputnik gave a reasonable explication for performance issues; there is a lot of new technology introduced in it and it will take a while until we will optimize it; but we need your help to do that...a beta campaign it is not a promotion campaign, but a solution to obtain it

11. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I sent the report of unusually high memory usage, though i have 1,5 GB of RAM so whole BitDefender altogether is just a poop in the ocean. Though users with just 512MB of RAM might not agree on this one...

12. pykko

pykko Registered Member

my first impression: I've downloaded the installer and now I'm enjoying the installation process. :rolleyes: 25 minutes till now and BD is not willing to finish to fast. If that's the installation process then I don't even want to test the product itself. :(

EDIT: U don't even have the option to skip the update process during install. Awfull. :(

EDIT 2: Now I finally finished installing it..... seems really good regarding all the bad things I've heard about it. My internet connection is fine also. :D

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  13. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

You can deselect Updating during install time.
    Also components seem to be weird. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't so i don't even know whether it's because of my PC or is BD10 buggy like this. Heh.

14. pykko

pykko Registered Member

don't worry RejZoR. The same here..... the antivirus shield isn't working properly, I check something in settings and BD performs as if it wasn't checked. :(

15. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

My updater is constantly getting stuck on 100% like this:

bdupdaterbug12vg.png

I've already reported this so no need for you to do the same. I'm just curious if anyone else is experiencing then same. See the the time when update was made and when i made a screenshot. It's 5 minutes delay in which it should jump back to 0% and show update status summary.
    Kinda annoying, though updater seems to do it's job anyway.

16. Rzeba

Rzeba Registered Member

Yeah but if you have on Silent Update then you shouldnt worry about that, it also happends to me!
    But i've noticed on C:\vsserv.log the filesize is 140mb space and i deleted it and it starts from 1kB to get higher and higher again.
    i could not delete it but first i Disabled the Real Time Protection.
    I have already subimit this Bug about vsserv.log to them,
    has anyone subimit them the vsserv and bdss is using 50 resources, and the rest together using 15 mb ?

17. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

It seems that BD 10 will use the old UI rather than a new UI...:(

THe old UI cannot be enlarged.

18. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

vsserv.log is not really a bug if you ask me. I won't go opening it since it's overkill but as far as i can tell it's log file about whats going on under the hood.
    Pretty much just a debug feature.

19. pykko

pykko Registered Member

I've updated once and no problem here....

20. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

I don't have BD10 beta installed, but I found that something is interfering with the BD update. I am using BD9 Standard on-demand and have disabled both the resident shield and the automatic update. I have NOD32 running in the background. BD9 on-demand is a backup. When BD is doing an update with NOD32 running, I will get an error something like MD5 error and the updated was stopped mid-way. Turning off NOD32 will get the BD update as smooth as silk. It seems that if something is monitoring in the background, the BD update will not be successful.

21. Benvan45

Benvan45 Registered Member

You shouldn't have the two scanners active together, you're asking for trouble. That's why they conflict. It has been said so often!

22. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

I NEVER said that I am having two scanners active together. BD9 Standard is on demand only. I have DISABLED the resident shield, the automatic update and all other resident components. I update BD9 manually. The only one scanner that is active in the background is NOD32.

I have been using Sophos (On-demand) and NOD32 (Active) and got no problems.

23. Benvan45

Benvan45 Registered Member

Ok, sorry....

24. controler

controler Guest

Screwed up my system so bad I had to reformat.

25. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

First impression was a bad one, it freezed my system on startup, so I had to use system restore, of course I installed it on a virtual machine, so no big deal. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.