bitdefender 10 beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by the extremist, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Latest News

2006-05-04
    BitDefender Internet Security 10 Beta kit will be available on May 16, 2006. You will be notified via e-mail in regards to the download location of the kit.

This is what it says on ther beta webpage (we know which date is today). I mailed them and got no answer yet. I don't get it, why they've placed a date if they aren't ready:rolleyes:

2. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

You people complain too much, it's a beta release not your life saving medical operation... :ouch:

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

No, but it shows their level of professionalism. :rolleyes:
    And some of us take beta testing serious more than anything else. And since i'm applied with nearly life time license for BitDefender, that certanly bugs me.
    After all i'll be using the product which i tested. Thats why i'm acting like it's about my life saving medical operation...

4. Sputnik

Nonsense in my opinion. Maybe they found some late "show stoppers" and wanted to fix them first. In my opinion the first KAV 6 alpha's and beta's were horrible quality, but did people complain about their level of professionalism then? No because it had a Kaspersky label on it... :cautious:

5. Benvan45

Benvan45 Registered Member

It's about time you change your so called 'life saving medical operation' and switch to a product that does better all along, instead of nagging yourself all the time!

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Then they should notify registrered beta users about their problems, not still showing it as "will be available on 16th May" :rolleyes:
    Thats the whole nonsense here...

7. Sputnik

I don't really understand all the "fuss" people are making. BitDefender is a quality product, no doubt about that. But now they are delayed releasing their beta version and people directly doubt professionalism.

Can somebody name a company who never makes a mistake, never delayed something? I don't mean to offence people, but this looks all very weird in my eyes.

8. Benvan45

I second that completely....... it's amazing how people always nag about things like that.

9. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

You don't get it do you? They gave a date, they move the date for 1 day. They still haven't deliver it 1 day after the 1 day extension. They could at least say sorry we have problems, won't be released till <enter_any_date_you_want> (with few days reserve).
    Why the hell they even bothered to give a date half a month in advance?
    Maybe you don't care but i do.:rolleyes:

10. Benvan45

It's not, that I don't care, but what's the use getting all excited? It'll be there when it's ready. Same with F-Prot and Nod, waiting.....waiting........waiting, but I'll get it when it's there. I know that people mail those companies every day, asking why the new version isn't ready yet and get all nasty etc.
    Same about the weather. I know there's a group of people always phoning the weatherman, why on earth he's lying about the forecast. You'll be amazed.

" Patience is a virtue, have it if you can. It's seldom in a woman and never in a man."

11. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I got F-Prot 4 to test when i was promised so (don't ask anything, it's internal closed test)... :rolleyes:

12. Benvan45

That's great....and will it be a 'nice' one?

13. X-Spider

X-Spider Registered Member

Rejzor wait for their mail, they have alot of work to do right now!
    Maybe they found some bugs to remove or something, they emailed me back and told that it has been some Technical Delay they will fix it, and it will be a new date for the beta!

14. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Trust me guys there is life beyond antivirus programs. :doubt:

15. controler

controler Guest

The antimaleware world will never be ahead of the maleware.

Even if a great mind created a program with human insite, I am affraid it would have to include hardware as well. The program would have to creat an image of the nasty for the cloned attached brain with two eyeballs to view.

Oh sorry, I am off on just another G Wells moment:D

One thing I am not sure of is that I wonder if along along the BIT10 team was going to contact testers via mail and did not expect they would keep clicking refresh on the beta site?

controler

16. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

If there is date for testing i'm there. If there is a deadline for bugs submission i always submit them before the deadline. Yes, i'm very precise. Maybe other should be too...

17. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

Yes. :rolleyes:

18. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Lol. Of course it will be, otherwise they wouldn't even bother releasing it in a near future ;Isn't it like this for all products in the world? :p

19. Durad

Durad Registered Member

DreamTeam is working on the new F-prot 4 :)

20. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Geez, finally. Let me announce that Softwin (finally) released BitDefender IS 10 BETA1. Just head to www.bitdefender.com, login as beta tester and you'll get a download link. Amen.

21. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

:D :D :D These times must be something similar to Christmas, New Year and Easter for our RejZoR boy - Bitdefender Beta, Kaspersky also updated, F-Prot Beta gosh! :D :D :D Action :eek: :D :D

22. Sputnik

@RejZoR
    Yep, just received the e-mail.

@Inspector Clouseau
    But I have Trend Micro's, brand new heuristic patterns and engine :D

23. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Yeah Inspector, i'm pretty busy in these days hehe :) :D

24. X-Spider

X-Spider Registered Member

wow it using more resources then the old version9 , the beta is using more then 50 mb memoryo_O
    please all email them about this, if we all complain maybe they will change this
    to use much less memoryo_O

Forgott to say one thing i really liked and they made it good only 1 thing is that the Icon-GUI does not restarts everytime when Bitdefender updates/upgrades:) yes that was the only thing i was happy about, but nothing else:eek:

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  25. Sputnik

Don't worry, the memory usage will drop. The product still contains lots of "incomplete" code. Like the GUI for example, only when the memory usage remains high in a far later statium we need to worry, right now we don't :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.