Bit tired of waiting on this update

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by funkydude, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funkydude

funkydude Registered Member

The original issue:

I basically traced the source of my 100% CPU usage to 2 files related to the AoE3 game, happy to have solved my issue I contacted an ESET representative.

November 14th, 2008, 06:11 AM

How long exactly is shortly? I've found a problem in your software, you found a fix, what's the holdup?

To re-iterate again, there's a problem with advanced heuristics scanning these files that creates a loop.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I was told by our developers that the problem would be fixed within a few days, but actually it turns out that it will take more time, perhaps they are making further changes to AH so they will release it at once.

Update: an update to advanced heuristics module has been released, those 2 files are scanned now much quicker.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  3. funkydude

Can you tell me if this fix will apply to all files packed this way or if it simply a "whitelist" for these 2 files?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Certainly the fix is not related only to these 2 files. Otherwise it could have been fixed within a minute.

5. funkydude

Well I have everything turned on and my Vista system is much more stable, I did an entire scan without it sticking on anything. I still have a problem with a long bootup with advanced heuristics/runtime packers for real-time turned on. I'll look into if any files are causing this. I'll also test out my XP machine which was the serious case.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.