Bit of Niggling.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by MICRO, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

At the moment each time I open SuperAntiSpyware I get Online Armor
    popping up to tell me that SAS.exe is trying to change my Homepage - I click to
    Block and it goes away -
    Would anyone have any clues as to why SAS would be wanting to try such a
    move ?
    How to stop it trying so that OA does not need to keep popping up with
    Allow or Block ?
    I check the SAS prefs. and my Homepage is as correct as I've wanted it.
    I would prefer not to have to reinstall SAS because it otherwise runs like
    a clock.

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

What is your Hi-Jack Protection in SAS set to?

3. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

This would be likely if the homepage displayed under "hijack protection" in SAS was somehow set differently to your preferred homepage, and the checkbox ticked. Just (1) untick the checkbox, or (2) change to your desired homepage via the SAS hijack protection tab.

4. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

Thankful and Tarq57 - I was referring to the Hi-Jack button when I mentioned Prefs. - Anyway I just went there and the four items were checked and the Homepage is as I've wanted it to be -
    I removed the checks
    and then reinstated them, while leaving the Homepage about:blank which is what I want it to be - Then I opened and closed SAS several times but each time I get the same OA popup to Allow or Block SAS from it's wanting to change my HP.

I just tried removing the both checks and the HP in SAS - then opened and closed it several times but OA still pops up regardless.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  5. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Well, I'm guessing a bit, but you could try allowing the alert from OA, see if any changes are made to your homepage...
    I'd think it likely that the alert is there because SAS is attempting to access rather than change the homepage. I can't see any other settings in the SAS preferences that could account for it. Unlike some antispyware programs, I don't recall SAS asking to change a homepage on installation, so I would doubt that's it.
    Clearly OA protects the homepage from change; that it still pops an alert when SAS is opened even thought the checkboxes are un-ticked is something that might need to be asked of SAS or TallEmu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.