Bit Defender TrafficLight Alive & Well

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by FOXP2, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

Despite it's latest Mozilla release being October (v0.2.16) and the deafening silence of their forum staff, the Bitdefender TrafficLight extension remains functional. In a testament to both browser and extension compatibility, I have it running in Palemoon 64-bit Portable v24.4 (Safe Browsing disabled) under Windows 7. My proprietary seat of the pants performance software detected no system or browsing slowdown.

During casually surfing the Web, BDTL consistently and relentless hits their cloud side assets at ep-reverse.nimbus.bitdefender.net and will return alerts based on the threat. Example screenies:

UPDATE: I re-enabled Safe Browsing and it seems to play well with BDTL. In a few days of tests (PhishTank, malc0de, VX Vault) either might detect first depending on the threat, I suppose. If one continues on the alert, generally the other will alert, too. Or sometimes one will, the other not. Or neither will alert. Such is the nature of the InfoSec landsape. Using my proprietary SOTP® data acquisition software, I'd say detections run about 60-70%. (SOTP = Seat Of The Pants.)

BDTL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
  2. FreddyFreeloader

FreddyFreeloader Registered Member

Using the plug-in on Chrome since my AV doesn't have a URL filter.

3. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

Fred: Do you see Chrome hitting ep-reverse.nimbus.bitdefender.net while you're surfing, too?

It does even when I'm lurking abouts here in Wilders. :D

Others: see my update in #1 above.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
  4. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

There must be something wrong with the "s" key on this computer. Saved by BDTL (Firefox extension).
    BDTL-WS.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.