Bing!!!!!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by xxJackxx, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

So has anyone else noticed now that when you install MSE after you do a scan it launches a browser window advertising Bing? And when you launch IE 10 in Windows 8 that it opens a second tab to Bing, yet I only see 1 home page listed in the settings? They really are messing up by being annoying about it.

2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Quick or Full scan? I got a relative running MSE v4 beta and never noticed anything when doing Quick scans.

I'll keep my eye on the Full scan, though. If it happens as you say, then... :thumbd:

And, regarding IE10... that's also a big :thumb: ... no.. I was being :rolleyes: ... it's a big :thumbd:

If you want to open Bing, then you can do it on your own. Why force it on you? o_O

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yeah, it's been doing that after MSE install for a while now. I didn't notice what was in the browser window though, just ignored it and closed it. I noticed the IE10 tab too...... Doesn't bother me much, just a minor detail....

4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

What? Bing is the default home page to show off the capability of IE10 with the swimming HTML5 betta fish. Sounds more like you've got the "save tabs" setting enabled.

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I think (unless I'm mistaken) that on first launch of IE10 after installing 8, it opened 2 tabs or something. Maybe that's what he means?

6. xxJackxx

Actually the fish is no longer on the page. And the Bing tab doesn't open immediately with the browser. I tried closing 1 tab and set the home page to Bing to see what it would do. It then opens 2 Bing tabs. Startup for IE is set to "Start with home page". I can't find any setting to change to stop the second tab. I used to like Bing, but I really hate having it forced on me. :mad:

7. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Ok, sorry... I don't have that problem here....

8. elapsed

That's really weird, the only time 2 tabs should open should be the first start like firefox. No idea what that could be. Maybe it's a bug on the Win8 Bing page itself? Try setting your home page to about:blank and see what happens.

9. xxJackxx

...and it seems to have stopped in Windows 8 all of a sudden. I didn't change anything. o_O

10. elapsed

Then the only logical explanation is some kind of bug on the Bing page. I changed to DuckDuckGo as the betta fish was making IE crash sometimes, so I never had a chance to notice that issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.