Big Problem with Threatfire

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by cet, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cet

cet Registered Member

I wanted to test threatfire with the trojan simulator.I disabled Antivir real time guard and downloaded the trojan simulator using Opera.I run the file and threatfire gave the alert as expected.But the alert was:known threat quarantined and you have to restart your computer.
    I restarted and what: there was no Opera.It deleted my opera browser.I uninstalled threatfire and installed Opera again.
    I wanted to share my experience.

2. chris2busy

chris2busy Registered Member

maybe u pressed open file instead of save to a dir and the file was still in teh cache when it was quarantined hence the opera installation damage...a restore of your quarantined file and ccleaner(or mere cache clearing) would have saved ya the hustle.

3. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

A similar thing happened to me last year with the Sleipnir Browser. You should've been able to restore it from quarantine although that didn't work in my case.

4. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

YEP,

ThreatFire takes along the parent process in some instances. Therefore ALWAYS choose to set a RESTORE point before quarantaine

Cheers Kees

5. chris2busy

chris2busy Registered Member

Hm...wasn't aware it did...anyway,if you create a restore point for every prompt u get from TF u'd better go for a 2Tb HDD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.