Big Fix?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WilliamP, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

My son-in-law has a Gateway 556E. There is a program BigFix on the computer. He doesn't know anything about it. Is it something Gateway loads? Does anyone know anything about BigFix?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Used BigFix many years ago as a replacement to Windows Update but it's been so long I'm sure it's changed tremendously. A site search for BigFix turns up numerous threads concerning BigFix with user feedback.

Concerning Gateway and BigFix, yes it does come installed with Gateway PC's but was unable to locate a link that emphatically stated for your sons Gateway 556GE.

Bubba

3. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

4. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

I had this on my emachines which is essentially a Gateway. After a while it usefulness eroded and most of the time it only displayed offers for additional warranty time.

If your machine is similar to mine, you should be able to make 1 set of recovery cd's. You should also be able to make as many driver and software recovery cd's as you want. They will contain all pre-installed drivers and software originally loaded on your computer. If I'm not mistaken, BigFix should be one of them. So, if you wanted to uninstall it, you can always get it back. It's also probably ready to be restored from the hidden recovery partition.

5. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Thank you all for the replies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.