Big Brother Britain

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Keyboard_Commando, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

source ^^

Intercept Modernisation Programme

2. I no more

I no more Registered Member

It just gives me a warm, tingly, and secure feeling to know our governments care so much about our well-being, like we're their children. My mom and dad died a long time ago, and this just brings back a flood of memories.

3. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

:D LMAO Just what I wanted at my age, new step-parents.

I`m in the U.S. but this, and worse is coming to every developed Country of the world.

4. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

lol

afraid alot of sheep people just willingly give up more and more of their freedom and liberty to the idea of 'keeping people safe'. Can I hear the shouts of BB.

5. SafetyFirst

SafetyFirst Registered Member

6. Fly

Fly Registered Member

I watched it. Unfortunately, the 'total surveillance' is much more sophisticated these days. It's still a problem to make sense of all the data, but that will change. It probably won't be long till everyone is chipped and has a GPS unit implanted. :gack:

Unless it is stopped, but I don't see that happening.

7. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I'm convinced Orwell and his book, 1984, was only a couple of decades too soon. It's here.

I use PGP for all my email and have some utterly worthless stuff encrypted on my computers in hopes that Uncle Sam's goons will some day appear demanding access, or wanting to know why I'm encrypting my mail. You know, "if you got nothing to hide, why are you doing it?"

Some day, those morons in Washington are going to discover that we put them there to work for us. We're their bosses; they aren't our rulers.

8. Keyboard_Commando

So very true. Britain seems to have become the template. I was watching Fox News the other day ... I occasionally do (no political inferences plz :p ) ... Fox did a feature on some town in Britain that has like 200 CCTV cameras trained on the main shopping mall of this place in question, so this clip ends, it cuts away to the presenter ... and I got the sense the presenters were pushing the view "SEE PEOPLE, CCTV WILL ERADICATE CRIME IF YOU ONLY GIVE IT THE CHANCE <3" They did mention the Big Brother angle, too. But eh!

My dad was always telling me that CCTV is good when we would get into these 1984 debates - over these cameras. The mentality of "if you've done nothing wrong you've got nothing to worry about" I grew up on. You should hear him now! His point of view has 180'd.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  9. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Another form of control. CCTV cameras are everywhere in the UK, they look awful, for a start.
    Oh yes, it certainly will, massive budgets and resources are used to perfect the technology. A 'new world order' at one time was something conspiracy theorists were said to believe in - now you hear it in speeches by our leaders all the time. Over time things get put in place ready for the time the real leaders, the elitists who control our presidents and prime ministers, make that 'corporate takeover' they worry about people power so things like this are done - but I better not get started on that. I read the other day about how Obama will be able to switch off the internet in the US any time he wants all in the name of security. Free speech on the internet will be no more and a user may have the plug pulled in the name of 'cyber bullying.' It seems a constant whittling away of the bill of rights, something that is supposed to protect its citizens. Same here and all over.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  10. Dogbiscuit

Dogbiscuit Guest

In the NY Times today is one British family's story.

Article

11. chronomatic

chronomatic Registered Member

New World Order. I have never been one to believe the kooks, but I think the kooks were right on this time. The NWO is definitely here and it will only get worse.

12. I no more

If you've done nothing wrong then you shouldn't mind being followed around for 3 weeks while someone takes notes on everything that you do. Sheesh, what's with all the whining?

And if that "officer from the Poole education department" has done nothing wrong, s/he shouldn't mind being trailed and spied on for a few weeks, which is exactly what should be done. "No, 'officer', I'm not following you. We just happened to be in the same place at the same time." Sometimes, to teach someone a lesson, you have to give them a taste of their own medicine (and scare the crap out of them in the process).

Call me an anarchist, but they wouldn't be able to pull something like that on me.

13. Keyboard_Commando

I found quite an interesting document by The London School of Economics titled Interception Modernisation Programme, it's a PDF file http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/informationSystems/research/policyEngagement/IMP_Briefing.pdf Just a Heads up: that is a direct link to the PDF file

The actual definition appears in s 21(4) of RIPA:

In this Chapter “communications data” means any of the following—
    (a) any traffic data comprised in or attached to a communication (whether by the
    sender or otherwise) for the purposes of any postal service or telecommunication
    system by means of which it is being or may be transmitted;
    (b) any information which includes none of the contents of a communication (apart
    from any information falling within paragraph (a)) and is about the use made by any
    person—
    (i) of any postal service or telecommunications service; or
    (ii) in connection with the provision to or use by any person of any telecommunica-
    tions service, of any part of a telecommunication system;
    (c) any information not falling within paragraph (a) or (b) that is held or obtained, in
    relation to persons to whom he provides the service, by a person providing a postal
    service or telecommunications service.
    Sections 21(6) and (7) provide detail on the sub-set of communications data known as
    “traffic data”:
    (6) In this section “traffic data”, in relation to any communication, means—
    (a) any data identifying, or purporting to identify, any person, apparatus or location to
    or from which the communication is or may be transmitte

(b) any data identifying or selecting, or purporting to identify or select, apparatus
    through which, or by means of which, the communication is or may be transmitted,
    (c) any data comprising signals for the actuation of apparatus used for the purposes
    of a telecommunication system for effecting (in whole or in part) the transmission of
    any communication, and
    (d) any data identifying the data or other data as data comprised in or attached to a
    particular communication,
    but that expression includes data identifying a computer file or computer program ac-
    cess to which is obtained, or which is run, by means of the communication to the ex-
    tent only that the file or program is identified by reference to the apparatus in which it
    is stored.
    (7) In this section—
    (a) references, in relation to traffic data comprising signals for the actuation of appa-
    ratus, to a telecommunication system by means of which a communication is being
    or may be transmitted include references to any telecommunication system in which
    that apparatus is comprised; and
    (b) references to traffic data being attached to a communication include references to
    the data and the communication being logically associated with each other;
    and in this section “data”, in relation to a postal item, means anything written on the
    outside of the item.

------------------------------------------------​

I can see the government and internet providers screwing the Pay-As-You-Go services next!

14. box750

box750 Registered Member

Either someone is really incompetent or they got their plan to tackle crime wrong. After all those CCTV, antiencryption laws, ASBOS and indefinite detention powers they still seem not to be able to bring crime down, at least as far as I know, Britain's crime rate is comparable to that of its European neighbours with a less intrusive surveillance society.

15. I no more

Is it even about crime? I doubt it. It's much more likely about power and control. It's much better and easier to rule a country full of sheep. Of course, you can't turn men into sheep overnight. It takes a slow, steady campaign. It's always best to start with a new generation rather than one that's had a taste of freedom.

16. Carver

Carver Registered Member

It sounds like Mr Timms wants to increase that flock of Sheep http://www.cable.co.uk/news/mp-claims-broadband-is-essential-not-luxury-19425611/?

17. trismegistos

trismegistos Registered Member

I agree it's more about power and control.

OT:
    We live in a kind of financial "Matrix" and people need to be aware more of what is going on outside this matrix that only few people are capable of seeing. Another apt description will be living inside a financial "bubble" ready to burst. As many people(behaving like sheep) seem to equate "Stock Market" as the economy. So when they see that the market stabilise or in the upswing, 'let the good times roll' or 'we have better days ahead' is what they see.

What made it worse is the decision of the Obama administration(Obama following the advice of his Quackonomics Illuminati ha ha) to pump trillions of dollars/mo to bail out the speculative or gambling or derivative debts instead of declaring bankruptcy for those banking institutions or simply writing off the debts as provided in their constitution's bankruptcy provisions. Expect for hyperinflation, as the speculators will increase the prices of oil, gold etc. The Human livestock will be bled to cachexia for the insatiable appetites of these Financial vampires.

China and Russia(the Gog and Magog accdg to the British-Israelists) are wise converting these huge amounts of pumped out dollars to actual Physical infrastructures creating a better Physical economies. While Tony Blair is getting excited to be installed as Emperor of the United States of Europe. lol

18. Keyboard_Commando

Police forces challenged over files held on law-abiding protesters

source

also

--------------------------------------------------------​

@ trismegistos, and OT chatter. It is probably not wise to mention any religious eschatology here, aka "End of times" discussions, etc. And also, there are many international users here @ this forum that might be offended by any mentioning of their homelands in such a fashion.

So lets just not go there. Please lol ;)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.