BHO opnom.dll has me by the n*tz

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by bobbystahr, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbystahr

bobbystahr Registered Member

Hi All,
    New here but hope that doesn't make any difference...LOL...some how, som where I have become afflicted with a BHO called opnom.dll, and tho SpyWareGuard does indeed notice it and give the option to remove or activate, removal simply removes the current instance and when you click o k in the following dialogue box which essentially tells you it has been deleted, the SG notice comes up again to start the cycle over...you can do this as long as you want, and no difference. I have tried many softwares and even bought 2 but still no help. Any good ideas folks?...I'm very tired of this particular bummer.

pax et lux

bobby stahr

2. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

I'd be interested to see how Online Armor handles this. It should remove the BHO and block it coming back.

You could also block whichever process is reinstalling it.

Cheers

Mike

3. eyes-open

eyes-open Registered Member

For what it's worth I threw Google at it. Unusually even tho' it seems to have existed for a while there appear to be only a very few entries.

As it happens one of these entries is at BleepingComputer.com - which is one of the sites that are suitable for posting your HijackThis log at (Wilders can no longer offer this specific service).

The guy in this link www.bleepingcomputer.com had several issues, one of which was the opnom.dll - which also proved persistant - but ultimately appears to have been removed with the aid of the specific tool virtumundobegone.exe.....It is a serious tool as can be seen here and not one I've ever had to use : VundoFix.exe

If you are not able to find any other information/cures here at Wilders and remain unsure, you could do worse than to go to either BleepingComputers or another site such as GeekstoGo HijackThis Logs and follow the instructions for starting your own HijackThis log thread. They are in a better position to take you from start to finish and rescue you if something unexpected happens.

If you do choose one of these routes - always best to make sure you read and understand all the instructions before going ahead - shortcutting hurts.

Good luck.

eyes-open

4. john2g

john2g Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.