Beta version Dr. Web x64

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by SergM, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SergM

SergM Registered Member

Dear beta-testers! Today the company "Doctor Web" is glad to inform about of an exit of the first public beta version of antivirus Dr. Web, based on the new anti-virus monitor - SpIDer Guard G3.

Not pressing in technical features, transition from the old anti-virus watchman on SpIDer Guard G3 will pass for users "is transparent": practically all management and interaction is carried out by habitual image through SpIDer Agent, with that exception, that all settings and managements are united in one point of Adjustment (Settings).

Supported operational systems:

The 32-bit version: Windows 2k SP4 + Rollup 1, XP, Vista, Seven;
    The 64-bit version: Windows XP, Vista, Seven.

Links to files of distribution kits:

For Windows 32-bit (54,8 Mb) http://beta.drweb.com/files/?p=win/drweb-501-win-beta-x86.exe&lng=ru&t=f

For Windows 64-bit (54,8 Mb) http://beta.drweb.com/files/?p=win/drweb-501-win-beta-x64.exe&lng=ru&t=f

Key files (for each platform the key, be attentive!) http://beta.drweb.com/files/?p=win/keys

Known problems and features of job:

- Possibility of moving of the infected files quarantine is temporarily disconnected;
    - Under 64-bit OS self-defence is temporarily disconnected;
    - All possibilities on adjustment and management of the anti-virus monitor are not realised;
    - There are small cosmetic defects;
    - The statistics displayed in SpIDer Agent, will be changed and added;
    - Another.

Attention: before installation in 32-bit system preliminary it is necessary to remove manually all available anti-virus products Dr. Web to carry out reboot and only then to begin installation of the given beta version.

On what it is necessary to pay attention at testing of the given versions of an antivirus:

Installation under various OS (x32/x64);
    Processing of the infected files, archives and packers, false operations etc.;
    Functioning of components;
    The general stability of job of an antivirus;
    Compatibility with various user ON;
    Correct application of all set options.

The company «Doctor Web» does not bear responsibility for consequences which can arise at testing of beta versions of products/components. The service of technical support of the company «Doctor Web» does not carry out support of beta versions of products/components. The basic means of realisation of a feedback with developers at beta-testing is the bug-traker. All questions, offers and the description of the found out errors connected with testing of products/components, it is necessary to publish in a bug-traker.

The request to put to messages in a bug-trekere all necessary broad gulls and files, in particular:

Broad gull of job SpIDer Guard G3 (it is located to %DrWebInstallationFolder %\spiderg3.log address);
    Broad gulls of job of other modules (are located to %userprofile %\DoctorWeb\*.log address);
    Memory dumps at falling of components;
    The general dump of memory at falling of all OS;
    The description of system and installed ON which, in your opinion, has called the conflict (or a broad gull of the system utility msinfo32);
    Any other information which can be useful to error diagnostics.

Successful testing! ;)

http://forum.drweb.com/index.php?showtopic=283383&st=0&#entry333221

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

wish they would release a suite

3. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

Finally! :thumb:

4. risl

risl Registered Member

I installed this and first thing I noticed:

Where is the report option from Spider Guard? If it detects a false positive it will simply cure or delete it? I made a test with the eicar and it didn't say anything, but there was "deleted: 1" in statistics.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  5. SergM

SergM Registered Member

It will be realized through quarantine. While it (quarantine) is not plug in. Read attentively the beta forum DrWeb.

P.S. I wish you happy birthday!

6. risl

risl Registered Member

Thank you very much! .. I will try with google translate since I can't understand Russian. :)

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i will wait until a more stable beta arrives based on current reports.
    im glad drweb have a 64bit version underway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.