Beta for Windows Vista Compatible NOD32?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by kr0z, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaine

blaine Registered Member

you said it mate. Eset should re-think its relationship with the members of this forum instead of treating us like the general public.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

They have advised that version 2.7 will be released shortly and it will be Vista compatible.

Blackspear.

3. crummock

crummock Registered Member

Obviously Eset have forgotten what 'customer service' means. They seem to think it means 'take it or leave it' and 'think yourself lucky we let you use our product'.

Looking at the various posts on the Vista subject I have to agree that Eset seem to think that being rude to customers and making statements like 'when we're ready' is the way to go. What they need to remember is that it's easy to fall from a favoured position and when times are tough will those previously loyal customers support them o_O?

4. Blackspear

Please point this out, as I have not seen this, and when you can't, then let it go and move on, we are talking about a BETA version of Windows, and how good have their actual release products of Windows been to date :blink: :rolleyes: :blink: :rolleyes:

Blackspear.

5. crummock

crummock Registered Member

As you asked here is one example: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=148712

Maybe you are not part of Eset so from that view point I may have been technically incorrect but it's a curious way to treat the people that make the forum what it is.

No doubt expressing my opinion will result in me being told that it's not up for debate.

There is no doubt that Eset offer a quality product but they seem to be unresponsive where some companies are. As I can't say whether the Eset end result is better than the others then no doubt that will be reason to rubbish my remarks as well.

Saying that Vista is BETA is all well and good but don't you/Eset realise that a lot of people who use Eset products are the more technically able users who may also want to get a head start on Vista ?

At the end of the day Eset will do what they want and you will run this forum as you wish but usually organisations that treat customers arrogantly end up regretting in over time.

6. Blackspear

That thread removal has nothing whatsoever to do with Eset, it has everything to do with removal of a piece of absolute fiction that is not appropriate for a Vendor Support Forum. And as stated, Moderator decisions are not up for debate, anything that you have an issue with you are free to take up with an Admin.

Correct, and you are aware of what happens to such posts.

They do indeed have a quality working product for the currently available version of Windows as well as previous versions of Windows including Windows 95.

And as soon as Eset have a product available it will be released, as has been advised by an Eset Moderator.

I have not seen the arrogance that you mention. Millions of Eset customers across the world are blissfully happy with their current version of NOD32 and Windows XP and have no intention of upgrading to a BETA version, nor the first officially released version of Vista, in fact I would go so far as to say the majority have never even heard of the word Vista.

As this thread has been well and truly answered, I'll draw this to a close.

Blackspear.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.