Beta browser test - Too harsh? Too mild?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Bill Stout, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pilotart

pilotart Registered Member

Looks like your system PASSED The Test :)

2. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Not exactly. I promptly forgot all about this test and this thread. Today, on my Desktop I suddenly notice this weird folder called STOLEN FILES. What the...?? I look in it and all this weird conglomeration of files from 2003 on. I still don't remember this thread or test. I'm thinking either something to do with having had the Mobo and RAM replaced earlier on the day of the folder's date as I had a scrambled Desktop Theme, and the Proxomitron deleted configs, and a few other strange glitches, or I thought somehow I got some spyware on here. So, I started to run Avira scan and I also posted about it in the Security forum at dslreports. Only then did I think to Google it and another thread from Wilders was the first Google hit...someone just as puzzled as me.

So, evidently even though the test hung and then when I tried again and I stopped it when I got the warning about the publisher not being trusted, it ran anyway HIDDEN in the background! Nasty test to do that!

Can I just delete the STOLEN FILES folder?

3. pilotart

pilotart Registered Member

Did you receive that GreenBorder Browser Security Scan "Your Scan Test Results" linked above?

Due to the fact that I had to over-ride System Security to allow the "Test" to function, it did not cause me any security worry.
    I never considered "denying" or "Blocking" to see what it could do:eek:

It contains 114 *.xls, *.rtf and *.doc files from 3/30/2003-11/10/2006 and the Folder is 'Read-only' but the files are not.

In my case, they are all duplicates of those files in My Documents, so deleting that Folder would do no harm on my system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.