Best way to run KAV web scanner (with NOD installed)

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JRCATES, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

I'd like to run the Kaspersky Online Web Scanner.....and I'm currently running the trial version of NOD32.

I know that it is adviced against running TWO AVs at the same time....and I believe that Kaspersky suggests that you "disable" your anti-virus prior to running their web scanner as well.

So my question is....what is the best way to temporarily "shut down" NOD, and then the best way to "re-enable it" once the KAV scan is through?

2. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi JR,

I have not had any problem running the on line AV scans with my resident AV running. Have you tried it?

Someone with more knowledge that me may give better or other advice. If not, give it a try. I predict you will not have a problem. It may be that it will take longer due to the checks by the resident AV, but I have never tried it with the resident shut down.

Regards,
    Jerry

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

There has been no need for me to shut down NOD when running several different on line scanners.

4. JRCATES

Thanks guys. OK then, I'll give it a whirl. Hopefully the computer won't blow up on me or anything (fingers crossed).....:doubt:

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I'm hoping it will, I want pictures, flames, sparks, lightening bolts :blink: :cautious: :blink: ;) :D

:D :D :D

6. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Well I just click 'File system monitor (AMON) enabled' when I scan with different products.
    Maybe I don't need to but I do it anyways.

Attached Files:

7. JRCATES

:shifty:

Well, sorry to disappoint you, Blackspear.....but nothing to report. It went fairly smooth....no explosions, flames, lightning bolts or other nuclear accidents occurred :p :D

8. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You must have done it wrong, please try again, this time stand in a tub of water :blink: ;) :D

:D :D :D

9. pykko

pykko Registered Member

I suggest you to install also Norton on your computer and tonight the sky will be full of light. I'll take a glass of juice and some popcorn to watch the fun.:eek: :D :D :blink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.