Best Way to Get a Sticky

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by whitedragon551, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Any idea on the best way to get a topic stickied or who to contact to ask if you can get one? Or is there a place for tutorials? If not there should be.

I just created a tutorial for optimizing your operating system and am wondering if I could get one on it or have you guys post your thoughts on what I should add.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1328887#post1328887

2. Hiker

Hiker Registered Member

Mods are listed at the botton of each forum page. You'll need to PM one.

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

We're not actually real big on making too many stickies because they can clog up the top of forum sections. There are a lot of threads that easily could be stickies here. So, a while back we changed over to a "recommended threads" sticky for most of the general forum sections. Threads of merit can be added to one of those.

Regarding your thread noted above, it does look interesting, however, you have to understand that opinions will vary as to whether that is the right way to optimize Windows. For example, some people disagree with BlackViper's approach for disabling supposedly unneeded services. Something unneeded by one person may well be needed by another. I've seen people do the classic disabling, along with many of those "security hacks" tweaks/adjustments (like the cleaners, decrapifiers and similar products do), only to later install something that won't work because it needed something that was disabled or hacked out.

Anyway, the best way to proceed for now is to let people comment on your thread, get more opinions and options, and see how it develops.

4. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Interesting. Thanks for the input.

I still dont understand how people can not like Blackviper. It does offer different levels and it explains them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.