Best Video joiner software (without re-compression if files are same)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Defenestration, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

I'm trying to find some good software which can join media files together. IF the files are all in the same format, the join should be done without re-compression.

I googled it a bit and while various software can join files, most only seem to allow you to do it one at-a-time (ie. load first file, append next files, repeat append for each file, save). Ideally, I want to be able to select multiple files (or a folder) in one go and they get added to a list, which I can then re-order. I should be able to add new files to the list, delete files in the list, and once I'm happy with the order, join the files together.

A bonus would be if it could also handle conversion to other formats.

Any suggestions ?

2. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

I-Media File Merger always worked fine for me, no frills but a solid merger - strictly a file merger though, not a converter. For something geared particularly towards video you could try Free Video Joiner, or All Video Joiner

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

ffmpeg is what you want.
    Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.