Best program to back up an entire hard drive

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by AnthonyG, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

@Dog,
    Thanks alot, I know enough now and I will think about it.

@VaMPiRiC_CRoW
    Sorry for misunderstanding.
    English makes me alot slower and lesser smart LOL.

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

No problem... :)

3. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Ghost 2003 to a Iomega External HD on the old Compaq.

Dantz or what ever that program that came with my Maxtor One-touch is called for my Emachine :doubt:

Both seem to work just fine. I favor Ghost slightly more. o_O Don't know why?

4. digibits

digibits Registered Member

Acronis True Image

5. I use FarStone DriveClone 1 and it is excelente and the easyest one I know, only 5 steps to have the copy of partition or the whole drive.

6. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

I have used Ghost and the others for many years off and on but I have to say IMO Acronis True Image 8 is the best out there and most reliable. I have had many first hand encounters where even drive to drive Ghost images wouldn't even boot or were simply corrupted after imaging and yet the same process on the same drives using Acronis TI8 yielded a perfect working copy! I have also purchased and used their TI8 Enterprise Server and it works fantastic as well even on RAID arrays. I am 100% sold on Acronis and have stopped using Ghost altogether now.

7. Omicron

Omicron Registered Member

Acronis true IMage

8. FlashMe

FlashMe Guest

Put it all on a mega gig flash drive.

9. richrf

richrf Registered Member

The most straightforward one I found was Image For DOS (Terabyte Unlimited). Boots and runs under DOS. Very simple, effective, and reliable. $20.

Rich

10. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

acronis true image.

11. As Rich say, Image for Dos is a great program, in fact in this momento I am using a copy made with this program, even there´s a program that not only makes images but create, delete, move partitions and other things, and it is from the same author, the name is BootIt NG, very great program indeed. To make partitions they are as good and easy as FarStone DriveClone 1.0. "The first copy you make, the first copy you use with them". I saw there is an offer, they give Image for Dos, BootIt NG and Image for Windows for less than 50 bucks. This is not spam eh!!!.

12. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Ghost Enterprise Edition

I have been using the Enterprise Edition of Ghost for years. I would even spend the extra money to buy it for home use. It is amazingly fast for backups and restores over the network. It is quite versatile.

The new version is called Symantec Ghost™ Solution Suite. I have not used it yet, but it has some added features that really make deployment easy.

13. myluvnttl

myluvnttl Registered Member

I used Acronis True Image Enterprised Server which cost me and my company 1,025 dollars, but they also have the workstation version for less like 50 dollars or so...Love that program!!!!

14. Damien M3

Damien M3 Guest

Well im going to have to register here this site is awsome!

I have always used ghost but... it is a pain to use over a network... You have to boot both by the floppy and the try to make them talk while hoping you used the right packet driver!

True Image has a nice gui you can boot to and will write a image to a booted windows machine! Reason I found all this out was I bought a new laptop and ghost does not like to provide a driver for a usb drive and network at same time.

Making backups for my machines is easy with ghost as long as yhou have a second HDD. But forget over a network to much hasle! True Image works perfect over a network! Just remeber to share a folder to write to!

15. myluvnttl

myluvnttl Registered Member

Yeah True Image is the way to go, simple and fast, NOT like Ghost!!! and the image can be password protected and you can have a "protected hidding partition" to back your image up to.

16. SlamDunker

SlamDunker Registered Member

Snapshot backup software?

"Double Image-O" is snapshot backup software.

See the site

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.