Best proactive protection: NOD32 ThreatSense or Panda TruPrevent 2006?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Nuey, Dec 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuey

Nuey Guest

I whould like to know which one has better proactive protection. Is TruPrevent light on system?

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

From my own experience, truprevent runs heavy where as Nods runs very light. But you may want to try yourself.

3. woobook

woobook Registered Member

I am using Platinum 2006, my computer is P4, 224 ram.

Attached Files:

• pa.jpg
      pa.jpg
      File size:
      61.9 KB
      Views:
  4. Nuey

Nuey Guest

Does Truprevent has a behavior monitoring in a virtual environment like NOD32?

5. metallicakid15

metallicakid15 Registered Member

quickheal proactive protection is pretty good.. i think its a proactive protection..

6. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Take a look here for a different view.

Its DNAScan Technology just reports packers.

7. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Panda has good detection but can bring your pc down to it's knees.
    This could very well have changed in the 2k6 release, but I couldn't see any improvements in the beta version from previous versions.

NOD on the other hand is light as a feather, and most of the times you won't even know it's there. Out of the 2, I think NOD has the best proactive detection. Just look at the scores it get's when tested (not the 10 sample ones, but the 100k+).

I myself went from Panda (3 year user) to NOD, and didn't look back once.
    NOD rocks. Simple as that :D

8. nicM

nicM nico-nico

Trueprevent 2006, good protection I think, but is it worth the extra 62 000/ 57 000 k on system ressources (just trialed it)... :( : it actually does slow down the computer, that makes a lot for an "additive" protection IMHO. But last review I saw did show it as very effective.

There are large updates for it too: surprising for a behaviour-blocker app, but seems they want to be able to show the names of malwares TP could catch.

Processes are very close to Titanium's, 9 total, and the WebProxy.exe is not compatible with Kerio yet. I gave up the idea to use it with a light/ free antivirus (could make a nice combo, if ever Tp was more light).

I vote for Nod, and wish Panda will improve Tp's footprint for next year :D

9. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

another vote for nod32. panda truprevent is just too slow for me and too many processes. it is somewhat effective tho. when i was trialing truprevent 2004 (v1.5) it did catch some partial malware or rather exploits (dcom, rpc)

10. roflmania

roflmania Registered Member

panda truprevent works fine for me. havent tried nod32 but will try it out soon.

11. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

Personally I've had good experience trialling Panda on VMware. Unfortuantly I don't have the money to just buy a license for it and test it out.

It anyone has a license for Panda (preferably the Titanium), and not using it anymore, maybe we can trade :) And I'll report it back here on Wilders' what my thoughts are...

My list of to review programs is now: PC-cillin 2006 and BitDefender. Maybe I find some time late December. Right now I'm too busy :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.