Best PIM ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by stride000, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stride000

stride000 Registered Member

Hi there,

I'm sorry if this is not security related but as I trust other users advices on security software on this forum, and there is no off subject thread other than this general software one, I thought i'd ask you guys' opinion on PIMs.

So, what is in your opionion the best PIM out there. I tried Outlook of course which as a neat design and is well made but I really have no use for all the email part of it. I tried Mozilla's Sunbird but the design is lame and there is no contacts section. I looked at Franklin Covey but it's way too expensive for what it does.

So, what are you using as a PIM?

2. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

3. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I have tried a lot of PIM's but keep coming back to Outlook. I use the 98 version, but assume the later ones are similar. Don't bother with the email side for obvious reasons, but just use the calendar function which works very well for me.

There is Barca but I can't get to like it.

4. Notok

Notok Registered Member

5. stride000

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I tried to install Evolution which seems very cool other than for the fact it has an email client, but wasn't working. The install goes accordingly but when I click on launch Evolution, a DOS screen flashes and nothing happens.

As for the other ones, I wasn't really satisfied with either the design / customability or the schedule fonctionnality.

Will keep waiting for other suggestions.

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

I use EssentialPIM, I really like the portable version.

7. stride000

Anyone know of a way to install the vista windows calendar on xp?

8. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I thought I would give Essential PIM a run out but cannot get it to import from Outlook 98. Looking around this seems to be because the PST files are not registered and if you try and register them Outlook is not listed, although it is listed as an installed program.

Is there a way to get them registered? Presumably a registry hack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.