Best Paid Anti-Spyware Program

Discussion in 'polls' started by disinter1, Jan 6, 2007.

?

Best paid anti-spyware program.

Poll closed Feb 5, 2007.
  1. Sunbelt Counterspy

6 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Trend Micro Anti-Spyware

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. Webroot Spy Sweeper

5 vote(s)
    10.4%
  4. AVG Anti-Spyware

15 vote(s)
    31.3%
  5. Other (explain why)

20 vote(s)
    41.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

Since in another thread I asked people to rate my security setup, and I think I got low scores in the anti-spyware department due to having Trend Micro Anti-spyware (and other reasons too) so I want to focus on what the people think is the best choice for anti-spyware is. I want the best paid for the active defense, I don't mind paying any price too. So let me hear your thoughts...:D

2. btman

btman Registered Member

You got low marks for having IE7 and site advisor (meaning get firefox or opera)... If you want another anti-spyware program then just get SUPER anti-spyware free because it's a great program or Spyware Terminator (has active shield for free and also has HIPS, but the HIPS is not a need to surf the net) and you'll be fine. Seriously your setup is good for an average user... And your poll... well you forgot ALOT of paid anti-spyware programs.....

Example...Spyware Doctor
    Super Anti-Spyware Pro
    A-Squared Anti-Malware
    Adaware Pro or w.e they call it

Remember also, programs with a price are NOT necessarily the best.

3. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

WoW.

I must concede to UNDECIDED! There are some right now that are going thru too many changes too fast to post an accurate measurement of them.

But if i had to make a decision tomorrow i would select SUPERANTISPYWARE whether i regreted it later or not.

My Conclusion: Other=UNDECIDED

4. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

I know paid or higer price doesn't mean better software, it's just that with paid anti-spyware it's usually has active defense, to free being just scanning. I would never use spyware terminator, I know it's prob good, but it's company background is fishy, and I don't like it.

5. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

I could be wrong, but from what I've seen and tested so far, it appears that only AVG Anti-spy supports cleaning of Firefox cookies. The others seem to be aimed at IE type issues, and if one is a user of Firefox only, then little is to be gained IMO.

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

superantispyware pro since its very light has lots of options.
    daily updates.
    very good at blocking malware installations.
    more repairs than the free version.
    cute little bug icon in taskbar:D
    Nick can i get a free license?:D
    I think i should be a sales person for SAS
    lodore

7. The Gorilla

The Gorilla Registered Member

AVG AS for me.

I like the feel of it and I understand how to use it to its maximum to protect my system.

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I also went with Other. I also use paid Superanitspyware. I test it occasionally so I know it's working, but other than that it is light enough I forget it's there.

9. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

VERY impressed with Counterspy.

10. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i would go with SUPERAntiSpyware Pro. its light on resources and effective against spyware.

CounterSpy is showing great strides with the 2.0 betas though; it probably be my second choice.

11. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I consider BOClean to be anti-spyware as well and I think it is the best all around non AV protection there is. I got to say BOClean.

12. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

OK: It's been given enough time for my local reviews compared to others and the decision is the same.

SUPERAntiSpyware Pro

13. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I agree.BOClean would be #1 for me.
    If you want a program that has a scanner,I'd compare CounterSpy 2.0 and SAS Pro.Trial each and choose the one that runs better on your computer.

14. como212

como212 Registered Member

for a paid Anti-Spyware go with Spy Sweeper.

15. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

i just install SUPERAntiSpyware Pro to try it and see how light on resources is, and it take 35mb to me thats no to light

so i vote for AVG AS

16. Long View

Long View Registered Member

I'm never really sure what people mean when they talk about a program being light. To me its a question of how much the program slows a computer down.
    add enough programs that are "running" and you will soon need a newer and faster machine. So is the 35 meg file size really relevant ? not clear here are you talking 35 meg on hard drive or 35 meg of memory ?

17. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.