Best overall anti-virus program for home use

Discussion in 'polls' started by draft, Mar 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

I have used a long time NAV, but have switched now to another program, DrWeb, for several reasons, I explain them later.

NOD32 is a very good choice, but when you have some experience I advice DrWeb, when you are a newbie take NOD32.

IMO Kaspersky is a good AV, but not so good as DrWeb, I know this is a personal opinion from my side, but while I'm spend a lot of time in testing AV- and Firewalls I stand for what I'm saying, brand of the program is not important for me, only the results counts.

Just take a look at following link in this board and you find my reasons to change to DrWeb:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=2226

Hope I've answered your questions!

Ciao,

Smokey

2. TAG97

TAG97 Registered Member

Drweb here:
    I remember it being mention in Wilders previous Forum. The person mention how it's aggresive performence would produce false positives. I figured I didn't want to deal with false positives back then. Well it still does today ;) but I'm a little better able to deal with them. I just feel a little safer with DrWeb. My privious anti virus soon to expire is NOD32. I just seen a few to many slow responses to problems by Eset lately. It's a shame because it is such a fine product. :(
    Regards
    Tim

3. tbay

tbay Registered Member

Dr. Web. Just switched to this one because couldn't get Nod32 and BoClean to coexist in peace and harmony even after build 004 for BoClean. Have also used:
    Norton: decent but others surpass it in functionality and use of system resources
    AVG: really slowed my system down, right clicking was like watching grass grow
    InoculateIT: great while it was around (and free)
    KAV: clunky unintuitive interface, slowed my system and update servers were not always accessible.

4. controler

controler Guest

"Do not go with NAV. Symantec has poor support and bugs are often not fixed when a new version comes out. "

1. Yes buy NAV . it is the best for Home users.

2. I agree there is no personal support like the others. They do however have a website unlike any of the others. Most of the questions can be answered there.

3. Most bugs are found before the product is released. I know I tested for them. Their beta testers have a direct line to support...

4. Norton has been makin antivirus longer than anyone on the planet
    and that IS a fact :D

5. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Congralutions with your (wise) decision to switch to DrWeb, it's a real good product!
    What the false positives concerns: till yet zero on my machine (XP Pro).

6. tbay

tbay Registered Member

I just got Dr. Web and did a full scan of the HD last night. The only false positive to come up was ScriptSentry.exe which was labelled "probable Win script virus". This was a lot better than what I had expected after reading wilders.org where it seemed sound files etc.etc. would be falsely tagged. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.