Best NOD32 AV for my Netbook?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by berryracer, Jun 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I have a netbook with limited specifications, I am using the latest V4 version at the moment with Windows XP.
    I was wondering if I switch back to version 2.7, would I be vulnerable to threats? What sort of performance difference would I notice?

Thanks

2. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

You must be kidding .

Forget about version 2 - it is something from the past that is not gonna repeat anymore.
    (Not that version 4.2 is much different but...) Second , it uses technologies from the past and you can't beat today's and tomorrow's threats with tools from the past.
    Third , it is (goona be) discontinued http://www.eset.eu/press-ESET-Announces-Plan-To-Discontinue-NOD32-Antivirus-2

Forget about it , forget about v2. If you want ESET - the only thing you should use is version 4 . If you find you have problems with , try other AV products.

3. acooldozen

acooldozen Registered Member

I have been using v4.2.40.0 on my little Acer netbook since January of this year...............so far not a glitch.

4. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

right.....version 4 it is then

5. siljaline

siljaline Former Poster

As long as your Netbook meets system requirements for a 4x build, you should be good to go.

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

For what it is worth, I have been using v4.2.40.0 on netbooks with processors similar to yours (Acer Aspire ONE Model D150, Lenovo ThinkPad X100e Type 3508-CTO) and not noticed any problems.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.