Best anti-spyware that uninstalls clean?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by hutchingsp, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hutchingsp

hutchingsp Registered Member

As subject really, for an environment where you want to install the product, download updates, clean the PC and then uninstall the product and have all trace of that product gone, what product is recommended?

When I say "all trace" it's relative and I guess I mean "least trace" as I doubt anything truly removes 100% cleanly.

2. PiCo

PiCo Registered Member

Dr.WEB CureIT! More like an anti-everything, rather than an anti-spyware AND ewido micro scanner!

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i will say AppRanger:thumb:

4. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

5. hutchingsp

hutchingsp Registered Member

Thanks, CureIT! looks like a no-brainer as there isn't even an installation to do.

I should add it doesn't need to be free - so long as it uninstalls clean - standalone/bootable is even better.

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Boy, you guys hit on one of my worse annoyances i absolutely detest, and thats legit security programs that leave crap behind in the registry. I'm sorry, but the registry is like a directory, the more entries in it, the more space it consumes, and if it accummalates very much, slows the entire system down little by little.

My worse annoyance is the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root Legacy Keys where the permissions are set against simply deleting it manually without adding yourself as FULL CONTROL.

Lucky for me i been using RegCrawler by 4Developers Group since Windows 98 to track down traces and other leftover crap. It at least affords me a search by a simple click that opens directly to that "locked" entry, but i still have to manually reset the permissions to FULL CONTROL in order to delete them.

My confusion lies in the fact if they can install with their programs these entries and set permissions, then why can't they simply reverse the same procedure, UNLESS, microsoft prevents them somehow from doing so.

Thanks for the Topic and letting me get this off my chest.

EASTER

7. Hiker

Hiker Registered Member

Revo Uninstaller in advanced mode should remove all traces. You can also run CCleaner afterwards

8. HURST

HURST Registered Member

Just take notice that if you want to update it, you must download it again.

9. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

I agree with you on this one.

10. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

Ewido Micro Scanner

11. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

I use Revo most of the time.
    It's good.
    But after using it in advanced mode, if I go into Reg Edit, I still find traces of the software I just uninstalled.
    Oh well.
    Hugger

12. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

That's why, as Hiker said, you could use CCleaner to remove the remaining traces. I use Registry Booster and CCleaner to remove any remaining after using Revo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.