Best Anti-Spyware Scanner

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by G1111, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

Adawre 2007 is good. Just put the service on manual so its not running all the time. Its that easy.

2. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

It certainly isn't the fastest scanner, but it may be one of the most thorough, looking at what's posted here.
    What are the specs of your computer? It may have been maxed out.Does this happen every time, or have you only tried it the once? What else was active at the time?

3. Eh_Greg

Eh_Greg Registered Member

Definitely have to agree with you on that, Cerxes. Thats ironic since I was just checking out those same sites last night.

4. david banner

david banner Registered Member

Hi

I ran this again later and it scanned OK. It tells me there are tracking cookies in the C:\Documents and Settings\name\cookies folder. But there are not. Could it be referring to the index.dat file? It did not delete the index.dat?

Also it said that my home page had been changed to the name of someone I had been emailing? i.e changed to 'bloggs'. I had to reinstall and turn off the protect home page facility. Home page is protected anyway and strangely the other apps reacted to the suposed home page change too

Thanks

David

5. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

Assuming that you're referring to Ad-aware, it's good at detecting cookies and MRU's, and horrible at detecting/removing real world malware.

6. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

You would need an index data viewer to see the contents of that file. My one does contain cookie data; don''t think that the data can function as a cookie, though. SAS won't delete .dat files to my knowledge.
    Re the homepage change, I have no idea. I suggest, if no good reply is forthcoming here, visit the SAS forum and ask. They are helpful.

7. david banner

don''t think that the data can function as a cookie,

So it does not matter if in the index.dat file in so far as security/privacy is concerned?

PS how to multi quote?

8. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Did you contact our support staff? What other security software were you running?

9. david banner

No it scanned Ok last time, bit slow and complained of tracking cookies which I could not see in cookie folder

Thanks

10. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

If scanning speed is really a concern, you should pre-release test our 4.0 version, you can download it from our forums here:
    http://forums.superantispyware.com

You must register on the forums to download. You will find up to a 30% speed up in scanning - so the scans will take 2/3's the normal time with DDA (Direct Disk Access).

This is now a public pre-release, so any of you on the forum are welcome to register for our forum and download the pre-release. It is a stable release candidate.

11. kurchatovium

kurchatovium Registered Member

Is faster scanning the main improvement in Version 4? Do you know when the final release will be out? Thanks for your time. :D

12. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

There are many changes in 4.0, some to the user interface, lots to the scanning engine, etc. You can find a full listing on our forums here:
    http://forums.superantispyware.com

There is a 4.0 pre-release area. I don't feel it is appropriate to post the changes here since this really isn't an official SAS forum, and I want to respect the moderators and admins here.

The release will be out fairly soon as testing has gone well. The more users that test, the better.

13. LittleNell

LittleNell Registered Member

I am glad to have read this! Also weird as I have just uninstalled SAS as it locked up and I thought it had missed something.

Then I realised I had made a big mistake :oops: I had downloaded it from a certain free site and I have been told to be careful where you download from. Just redownloaded it from SAS official site!

It is running ok now:) I don't know if it was the other site or if it corrupted on download (I use a download manager), I don't know if that's any help to the person having problems.

14. david banner

Do not see link to 4 only version 3.9?

15. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

16. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I don,t find v 4 pre-release. There is only 3.7.

17. aigle

aigle Registered Member

18. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I registered but never got a confirmation email.

19. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

I don't see your sign up at all - I would just re-sign up.

20. toasale

toasale Registered Member

21. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I resigned back up and will probably give the beta a spin here in a few days. If I have a current pro version will I need to buy another license for the 4.0 version when it is publicly released?

thanks

22. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I'm not sure why you limited yourself so severely. But of the three SAS probably has Superior detection rates.

23. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Already have KAV and BOClean active. On demand I have TH, A2, Ewido Micro, Dr. Web CureIt and some rootkit scanners. I dumped Ad-Aware and SpyBot S&D and have SAS free.

24. fcukdat

fcukdat Registered Member

No need for a new Lic' but what you will need to do is tranfer your existing registration code when you uninstall the older version and install the 4.0RC.

Here's how you can tranfer your lic'>>>
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1134807&postcount=10

HTH:)

25. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

So SUPERAntiSpyware is really good?

I've never used it before, and I've never really heard of it.

I can't say this app has a big name out there like SSD or Adaware...

THANKS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.