Best(and easiest) fire wall to use with a router.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by rondijack, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rondijack

rondijack Registered Member

I am setting up my computers to share internet, printers and files using a router. Which fire wall do you recommend as the best and easiest to setup with the TRENDnet router? Thank you for any suggestions or advice you can give me.

2. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Right now I'm using KIS so I don't need another Firewall, but before that I used Kerio 2.1.5 with my Netgear router.

I had this setup for over a year without any problems. Kerio 2.1.5 is very light and easy to configure.:)

3. rondijack

Thank you

4. rondijack

I tried the windows XP fireall and Lookn'stop and Kaspersky without sucess. I am now using the McAffee personal plus firewall with no problems. I set it up using the instructions from Net Magic. By the way this program Net Magic from Pure Networks is amazing. I spent two days trying to set up another router. I returned it and got the TrendNet router which came with a trial version of Net Magic, I was up and going in minutes using this program. I did have a problem sharing files until I turned off the firewalls; then it worked perfectly. Of course now there are no problems and everything is working perfectly including my web site with Net Magic that I can use to share photos,file etc. with others over the internet. Simply a great program!!!!

5. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Behind a NAT/SPI router packet filtering becomes less relevant
    You basically need outbond application control ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.