Behavior in the "All things Unix" Forum - suggestions

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by NGRhodes, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

I have to say that the poor conduct of a small group members within this forum has prevented me from contributing much recently and I suspect it has for other members.
    Sadly this is the only sub-forum of Wilders where I have seen this issue so blatant (and repeated).

This is not a complaint about the moderation, but I have some suggestions to help:

1. Give a regular to the Unix sub-forum Moderation powers (I had a quick look and I could not see any Mods who are regulars in that part of the forum).

2 A sticky outlining what conduct is acceptable and what isn't (especially where heated debates become trolling/baiting and quickly become personal). E.G. Make it clear to keep on topic, helpful/constructive/informative; even if its just a repeat of the TOS.

I think this is important as in the *nix World there are a lot of people who are passionate about *nix and becomes ingrained within their ideologies and beliefs and as a result discussion stop becoming objective, but personal.

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Nick,

Thanks for the suggestions. In case we feel the need to make changes concerning this specific forum, we will do so.

For the record: as ever, staff decisions are not open for discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.