becomeing a dcs reseller?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Mr.Blaze, Jun 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

last time i remember it was a few years back you could sale tds and dcs products on your owen web page and i think it was like get a 20% commistion

but in todays market one wants to compete i dont know if you guys still do that reseeler thing anymore

but if you do i like the ideal of of competing and with that 20 percent use it like this

offer anywhere from 5 to 15 percent off on dcs products

pass comestion on to buyer as saveings

or would that be bad thing

cause i figure i sale enough dcs products it pay for my security website and thats all i need lol

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

3. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

oh wow perty darn easy hm i could had sworn it was 20%

will it be cool if you could as reseeler offer 10 percent off lol and keep 5 for yourself lol that be cool option

still perty easy way to make money you just need lots of traffic at your website

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Just a thought, why not sell it at the RRP, and not cut the guts out of the market, and this way business’s can still make a profit... McDonalds don't discount, for the very reason that they have staff to pay and shareholders that expect a return on their investment...

Cheers :D

5. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Blackspear,

Sorry, I don't have any idea what means "RRP".......

6. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

RRP=Retail Recommended Price (which may be anything from a ridiculously high figure that only exists to make so-called "sale" prices look attractive to a competition-busting manufacturer-dictated pricing requirement designed to preserve margins - not that these two extremes necessarily differ a great deal).

7. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

RRP yeah.. in Oz it's slightly different, same meaning....

Recommended Retail Price.

It's a "recommendation only" for wholesalers to tell resellers what to sell at to keep margins similar throughout the place.

A side note: An 'Advertised Price' is not necessarily the price you pay. I mean you can barter/haggle on the price. By law here, it's only an "Invitation to Buy" on the part of the seller. They can even try to charge more.. suicide of course but legal.

Cutting the prices Blaze to give you a less 'commission margin' I don't think would work, read the Resellers Page again... it's YOUR site that is marked as the seller, but, the sales still go thru DCS Payment Sites/Services and the price is still the quoted one. The commission, I presume, is sent to you BY DCS. :eek: that's how I took it anyway. May be wrong, not the first time. :'(

Of course, if you want DCS to keep 10% themselves, I am sure you would get no argument there. :D :D

Bit of Trivia also [in my state anyway]: Ever seen those signs in shops "All Breakages Must be Paid For".... Bull^%$#.... that's what they've got INSURANCE for.... as long as it was an accident, they cannot charge you AT ALL.

A lot pay up without realising, saves owner claiming on insurance and maybe increasing premiums. Been there done that. Owner got really cranky, called cops, told them it was accident and I was walking out, and I did. Nothing happened. Of course they can refuse entry again.... same as when people want to look in your bags at stores.. You can refuse. IF they insist/or call cops, find nothing, well....... big payment coming your way.

TAS

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

If you look in the members area you see your own pricelist, DiamondCS is the only one making the prices. Resellers have no say in this, just promote the business via their websites and earn their part.
    Blazey i've told you about this possibility some 3 years ago.............

9. -_-

-_- Guest

I think it is important to understand how this reseller concept works if you want to maximize your profits.

I assume that linking to http://hop.clickbank.net/hop.cgi?[accountname]/diamondcs will only result in a profit if the purchaser has enabled referrer logging and/or (permanent?) cookies:

Therefore, the reseller's website should enforce these browser settings, right?

Moreover, I believe that it would be good business practice if each DCS reseller clearly indicated his/her financial interest in DCS. For example, if a reseller posts in a forum s/he should include the words "DCS Reseller" in her/his signature. If a reseller writes software reviews and maintains a website it should be mentioned on that website that the reviewer is affiliated to DCS. (Of course, the same applies to Trojan Hunter Resellers, A2 Resellers etc.)

10. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Re: becoming a DCS reseller?

In this forum it is not allowed to advertise your eventual resellers interests as all business is for the DiamondCS company, who has their support forum here.
    You see us all in our signatures link to the DiamondCS site immediately.

If you would have an own resellers business that is nice, but elsewhere.
    We have had this kind of discussion in this forum several years ago.
    One of the annoyances was if a person who might be a reseller of a product could be objective and give objective support and all that annoying blablabla
    I am not open for any discussion on that again and again.

The software speaks for itself, we all support other users in working with it.
    We TDS users with our registered TDS versions know why we bought it and are happy with it and are all free to spread the word, not obliged.
    That DiamondCS offers an opportunity to get something back for spreading the word is very nice and you're equal free to spread it a lot but don't do your business here.

Our main common interest for every registered user is many sales of course, as the investment goes immediately in the work, programming and programmers, so the more we can help them to keep their hands free from support as far as we experienced users can give, the less they are kept from producing new tools for us.
    I lost count, but for each shareware product there are at least some 5 freeware tools available at the moment.
    So contribution from our user's side to help others using the tools is the least we can do.
    There might be people having a very nice business in selling the software, most probably, but as you see they don't advertise in the forums.

If you click on the lightblue link in my signature you see Wayne's explanation.

And we all show our face as a registered member in the forum so it's always known whom you're talking to.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2004
  11. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Wow, I can see how you chose your nickname :rolleyes: Business's have to make a fair profit in order to stay in business, otherwise we all head back to the dark ages and live in caves. Me, I prefer this century, technology is great and makes life easier in general :D

Cheers :D

12. -_-

-_- Guest

"In this forum it is not allowed to advertise your eventual resellers interests" ... "You see us all in our signatures link to the DiamondCS site immediately." ... " but don't do your business here" ... "There might be people having a very nice business in selling the software, most probably, but as you see they don't advertise in the forums."

100% ACK. Such advertising was never suggested.

My suggestion was to identify yourself as a reseller (and not only as a registered user) of a company so that everybody can see that you *might* have a financial interest in the product which you are talking about. This is a typical "best practice rule" which ensures that people can distinguish independent advice from those comments which *might* be financially motivated.

For example, let's imagine that you run a software review site and recommend a specific product. You also provide a "reseller link" to the recommended product. In my opinion, the reviewer should make clear that s/he has a financial interest in the recommended product. Actually, such "full disclosure" should be enforced by the conditions of any reseller scheme.

13. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You have my reply above.
    See what Wayne has to say about it by clicking the light blue link in my sig.
    Nothing changed.

14. -_-

-_- Guest

It's me again. ;-)

I had a look at Pilli's site who is a DCS moderator: http://www.pilliwinks.net/
    Inter alia, Pilli reviews Process Guard. He does not provide links to the DCS reseller scheme (but direct links to DCS) and - AFAIK - he is not paid by DCS for being a moderator.

In summary, Pilli seems to fully meet "best practice standards".

I also had a look at www.anti-trojan-security.com ("a leader in trojan defence. This website will allow you to read up on disinfection techniques to help you remove trojans, and also prepare your system against future attacks. We have software reviews for programs such as TDS-3 Trojan Defence Suite, BoClean, Trojan Hunter and The Cleaner to name a few.").

The enthusiastic ProcessGuard and TDS-3 review pages ( http://www.staynew.com/~rod/main.php?type=reviews&page=processguard + http://www.staynew.com/~rod/main.php?type=reviews&page=tds3 ) provide a big link to the respective reseller scheme. It seems to me that the user is not clearly informed about the fact that the reviewer *might* have a financial interest in recommending these products.

(In all fairness, it should be mentioned that this reviewer also recommends products which do not have a reseller scheme. Moreover, it should be noted that my comments do not only relate to the DCS reseller scheme. The above examples were just examples. Nothing more.)

15. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

I also had a look at an anonymous guest -_-
    who keeps hiding his face in stead of register as a member so we know who we're talking to in stead of investigating people who are doing exactly as i described above three postings ago.
    Since you like to investigate do some googling about reviews, make sure you use the software yourself so you can have a real opinion.
    In my sig is the way to go.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=13503
    http://www.diamondcs.com.au look in the archives and look in the threads over here in the forum and the TDS Private forum.

What do I care what other people do outside this board?
    I have better things to do with my time like helping users who are in serious trouble or just want to know how to use the TDS software any better.

I do hope they all make good money and continue the common mission of helping users out of security problems with the best support we can give and do remember: since we are here in the DiamondCS forum it is reasonable to use the DiamondCS tools were needed/asked/advised for the problem.

The original subject of the thread "How to become a TDS reseller" that question has been answered several postings ago.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.