bds hacdef

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by alim, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Did you try to delete the ini-file you created?
    Which files/processes do you think in this HJT log to be suspicious?

2. alim

alim Registered Member

hi jookse, i have restalled my operative system, have not lost any files but i have to reinstall my software. i did managed to beat hackerdefender but in the process i beat myself. i deleted registry keys that were vital to my pc, i made bad decisions when i was tired from trying to sort out the trojan all day.

if i knew what i know now, i would rename the winunins.ini file using windows recovery console (nick s discribed how to do this in one of the replies), or an easier way of getting rid of that file would be to save an empty text file as winunins.ini in its place. once the ini file disabled would attack the trojan usiing TDS and other anti virus programs. and use hijackthis with the help some experts on site like these help clean the registry.

i have also learnt the value of emergency repair disks. but too late. isnt hindsight i wonderful thing.

thanks for your help

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Think some 25 postings back Gavin advised to get rid of the ini file as the key figure of this infection? (maybe another ini file?)

Didn't you backup the registry before making any changes?

Hope you didn't lose to much valuable data! Would the saved data be clean?

Make sure you do every possible scan after the rebuilding, and make sure AVG is closed completely during all those.

BTW: doesn't your win2000 have some registry recovery? Even in win98 is already some scanreg /recovery possible from DOS to put back an older registry copy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.