bdl74125.exe ???

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Chuklberry, Jul 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuklberry

Chuklberry Registered Member

Can someone please helpo_O How to remove this App. Hijacker?
    It seems that this is some new one?!!?

TDS-3 scan:
    [Locked File] Couldn't open c:\program files\windupdates\winka.exe for read access, file is locked

Thanks,
    Chuck

p.s.
    Also I can not log in Diamond CS user forums! I have already tried many times...without luck!? :'(

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

Your antivirus might be locking that file, or it could be that nasty one which tries to protect itself. Would recommend you reboot into Safe Mode and run a scan with updated antivirus and TDS-3 and delete any definites detected (that whole windupdates folder should go !)

You could also manually delete the bdl74125.exe file in Safe Mode too, its an adware installer :(

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

For the DiamondCS forum, which address do you use? Try the link in my signature.
    Allow cookies and header references, join as a member if you didn't yet, and as a registered TDS user ask access to the TDS private forum too.
    The only other thing could be something blocking in the HOSTS file which i don't expect.

4. Chuklberry

Hi Gavin!

Thanks on quick reply!

bdl74125.exe can be deleted manually in normal mode.You were correct it is adware installer. (which takes you on windupdates.com website.
    Winupdates folder can be uninstalled manually too in control panel (add/remove programmes).

I have latest TDS-3 reference file, but TDS do not discover any of those...
    I was scan with TDS in safe mode, and TDS didn't find winka.exe or bdl74125.exe

bdl74125.exe was detected with NOD32.

Kind regards,
    Chuck

5. Chuklberry

Re: Private Access

Dear Jooske,

Like always, you are so nice - thanks!
    The problem was that I didn't been aware that there is 3 forums...

Now, everything is clear!

Thanks!!!
    Chuck

p.s.

Please see my reply on your July 13th WG message!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2004
  6. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Re: Private Access

Hi,

Thanks for info, I remember those filenames so it must be a new version of that adware.. I'll make sure I get a copy soon and add detection !

7. Underlings

Underlings Guest

Ack! I'm having trouble with BDL74125.EXE and INSTALLER2.EXE showing up three times each every day on my XP PC. My AntiVir Guard program catches them, moves them to its quarantine folder, and then I delete them from there and delete them from my Recycle Bin...but every day they appear again. Very frustrating.

I tried the suggestion to delete the windupdates program from Add/Remove programs Control Panel, but I don't see it there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Derek

8. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi underling,

You have posted in the TDS forum. Are you using TDS-3? (I will probably move your post into another forum later but I'll leave a link here in this thread pointing to it so you can find it easily.)

If you do not have Ad-AwareSE and Spybot Search&Destroy (using both programs is recommended), you can find download links for these two programs, along with instructions on how to update them, and set them up for a scan of your system here:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

Boot your computer into Safe Mode and run a scan with your anit-virus, then a scan with Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D.

While still in safe mode, empty the 'contents' of your Temp folders and your IE's Temporary Internet Files for all users. If you are on XP, you can use the Disk Cleanup Utility.

Reboot your computer normally, then do another scan with your anti-virus and see if it reports any more infection.

Regards,

snap

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  9. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

underlings, since Gavin has mention that he would like a copy of the BDL74125.EXE, could you zip up a copy of it (send the INSTALLER2.EXE also) and email them to him at this email addy: submit AT diamondcs.com.au (change the AT to an @ ) and include in the body of the email a link back to this thread, please.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.