batch settings update?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by kfsw, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kfsw

kfsw Registered Member

i use nod32 to block entering websites using blacklist.

when it was 3-4 computers, i had no problem with updating the list manually but it is 20 workstations now.

i need a way to update the list for all computers and dont want to write an autohotkey macro.

tried to google it but cant find any. please help

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

To manage ESET products centrally from one place, use ESET Remote Administrator. It will allow you to create the desired configuration and apply it globally on all or selected clients.

3. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Back in the v3 days you could export the registry keys for the setting you wanted and merged them with other systems to apply it. However, the self-defense feature in v4 prevents you from directly editing the registry keys like that unless it is disabled, so that route is probably a no-go for you now.

The next best thing would be so set up a client the way you want it, export the config to an XML file, clean it up so it only contains the settings you want to apply, and then import that to the other systems.

But the Remote Admin server is really the best way to do this. If you are buying business licenses (which you should be for 5+ seats) then you're already licensed for it and just need to do setup and the initial client config.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.