basic licensing question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rmquest, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmquest

rmquest Registered Member

I have a PC at home and I intend to buy two more, same hardware. I intend to buy "Acronis True Image 11 Home", install it on my PC, create a bootable image of it and use this image to install the new PCs.

Now, for this do I need to buy three licenses? If yes, does this mean that I can image my PC just fine with one license but if my PC or drive fails and I need to restore the image to another PC/drive I will need another license? Confused by the license terms here.

Also I thought I am fine with this product, but another sales rep suggested Snap Deploy 3 for PCs. So I don't know which one I need. Maybe I wasn't able to able to make him understand what I really need.

Thanks for helping me sort this out!

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If yuo were migrating from on PC to another -- say you're replacing an old PC -- I don't think there would be any license issue. But if you mean to use 3 pcs, then you'd need a license for each PC on which you use ATI. That's how I read the EULA.

3. retread

retread Registered Member

Don't waste your money on multiple copies of ATI.... go to Seagate website and download "Disk Wizard" if you have Seagate drives, or "MaxBlast" for Maxtor drives. Use your ATI CD for your primary PC, and the downloaded freebies for your other PCs. No license infringements.

I can't believe Acronis is so slow to allow multiple licenses. Most everyone else is these days.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Amen to that!

5. LarryR2

LarryR2 Registered Member

I have two TI10 licenses but also have DiscWizard installed on several notebook computers. I back up the notebooks to a Seagate USB drive but DiscWizard is supposed to work with both Seagate and Maxtor drives (internal or external).

However, I just downloaded a new copy of DiscWizard and "properties" says the version is 11-0-0-8142, so it is apparently now based on TI11. Until recently it was based on the (more stable in my opinion) TI10.

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.