BartPE with TI9 plug-in WORKS great

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Gemdog, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gemdog

Gemdog Registered Member

Been trying to restore for two days. The TI9 boot cd was so painfully slow that I thought that I would have to give up recovering my Dell laptop.

Fortunately for me I had previous experience with BartPE and decided to use the TI PE plug-in. The performance difference is amazing. I was able to recover a 30gb partition in under 25 minutes instead of the 11 hours that the TI BootCD was estimating.

So if you want to use TI9 I recommend that you build yourself a BartPE boot CD with the TI plug-in.

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

I have often found that the time estimate is way off until you get the first few progress bars showing.

3. bcool2

bcool2 Registered Member

sorry

4. bcool2

bcool2 Registered Member

Got links?? o_O

5. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

6. beckygb

beckygb Registered Member

Hi Gemdog,

You said you are using a Dell. I am using a Dell Inspiron 8600. I don’t have any experience with BartPE, but I am considering creating a BartPE disk. I noticed on the BartPE website that there is an add on that has to be included if you are running a Dell.

Did you have to use that add on?

Becky

7. Snakeyes

Snakeyes Registered Member

Where did you find the TI9 plugin ?
    I have been using the TI8 plugin for some time but did not realize that a TI9 plugin was available.
    Cheers

8. thomasjk

They are using the the TI8 plugin. The TI9 plugin is not yet available,

9. Snakeyes

Snakeyes Registered Member

Thanks

10. pjiv

pjiv Registered Member

When is the TI-9 plug in going to be released, since I don't own TI-8

11. bcool2

bcool2 Registered Member

If you own TI-9 you are premitted to use the TI-8 plugin. I might add that the TI-8 plugin works marvelously well so far as I can tell. I just set up my BartPE build today and everything is working as expected including access to my USB Seagate 80G External HDD of course only after finding a compatible USB plugin. :)
    Thanks all for having this discussion or I would have never thought of this solution. Cool!

12. Cintra

Cintra Registered Member

Have just built and burnt it OK, and am about to try it.. not having used BartPE before, I wonder how you start True Image with it?
    Anyone with a quick answer?

Edit: Well I tried it, but unfortunately there is a brief flash of a message about checking something or other, and blackness, while the drive indicator runs - I gave up after 5 or 10 minutes. It can't be taking that long to check things out..? My XP system is still at version SP1 so I had to slipstream my XP copy with an SP2 CD I have. Could that be the problem does anyone think?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
  13. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

You boot up the BartPE CD and after it gets going there is a GO button instead of a Start button. Press it and you will find Acronis listed under one of the Go menu items. It doesn't show up on the main item listing.

I made one to see what all the fuss was about but since I don't use USB drives there doesn't seem to be any advantage over using the TI bootable CD. BartPE took more time to start and I can't remember if I got the networking operational.

14. Cintra

Cintra Registered Member

Thanks for your reply seekforever..

how long does it take to get going, seconds or minutes?

I suspect my SP2'ed version of BartPE might not like the SP1 version of XP.. and I've mucked about enough a while back trying to update to SP2 several times from CD - so I'll not bother with that again, being primarily a Gentoo user.

Mvh

15. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Takes about 2.75 minutes on my P4P800 with a 2.8GHz processor.
    The Acronis program is under: GO-System-Storage-Acronis

16. Cintra

Cintra Registered Member

Hei, back again

I wasted a long time trying to get vanilla BartPE 319 and 313 to work, until I came across a post by Mrkvonic mentioning The Ultimate Boot CD for Windows used in conjunction with BartPE.

Decided I might as well give it a go, and to cut a long story short, it worked straight off. see my thread http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=15793 for the links..

So, if BartPE shows a message about "checking the hardware configuration" and thats all, this solution might help you too.

regards

Almost forgot, the point of the exercise was to get faster offline backup. The best result with the Acronis Rescue CD was approx 30 minutes for 25GB, almost twice as long as running from XP. Using the above UBCD4Win/BartPE solution took 20 minutes for 25GB... not too bad :)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  17. thomasjk

Interesting, I have the plugin working fine with plain vanilla BartPe 3.1.9 but have not gotten it to work with UBCD4WIN V2.6 implementation. I'll have to try again.

18. Tmservo

Tmservo Guest

It also works great with Reatago. But I've never had an issue with it under BartPE. But I prefer it running under the XPE shell.

19. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi all,

I can recommend Mustang's TI 9.0 plugin in conjunction with the Reatogo + XPE version of BartPE (the plugin also works with the Nu2Shell version). See this previous thread titled <TI 9 plugin for BartPE is available> for details and links.

Regards

Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  20. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.