BartPE with Mustang Plugin

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Maclab, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maclab

Maclab Registered Member

I have tried creating a BartPE boot cd using the Mustang Plugin but something is not working correctly. I can open TI9 Enterprise from the "Start" Menu but when I do a restore I do not see a Universal Restore option. Any ideas?

As well the restore time is very long. It took approx 3 minutes to create the 3GB image but it takes over an hour to restore. I am restoring to a MS Virtual Server on a Dell PowerEdge 2650 running Windows Server 2003.

2. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

Hi,

For the universal Restore plugin, make sure you use the latest version of Acronis AND of Mustang's plugin.

Secondly when you restore to Virtual Server, you should as a best practice restore to virtual IDE drives (with a SCSI card attached though)
    Once restore is finished, and VMAdditions installed, you can "attach" VHDs as SCSI!

Good work,

Jaycee

3. Maclab

Maclab Registered Member

Thanks for the advice. I will try the IDE drives as suggested.

4. Maclab

Maclab Registered Member

Ok I have recreated the BartPe boot disc using XPe instead and loaded the mustang plug-in. I now have the universal restore option. Unfortunately now after restoring the image my virtual server does not boot. It just hangs at a black screen with "_" blinking in the corner. I have tried using the acronis boot cd and I am now having the same results. I have also tried with a newly created image and with Vmware and always the same. Any ideas would be appreciated. As well I am now using IDE drives and I do see an improvment in restore time.

5. Maclab

Maclab Registered Member

Sorry I seem to have answered my own question. I was required to restore the mbr as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.