BartPE Plugin Removable Backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bobdat, Sep 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

I just noticed that my BartPE CD with the TI8 plugin 791 has no capability to back up to CD or DVD or other removable media.

I had to use my old slow but trusty build 826 Acronis Recovery CD.

Did I miss something?

2. storage_man

storage_man Registered Member

BobDat

I haven't tested CD/DVD restoration, but when I run my Bart/PE environment, I can see all of my CD/DVD drives from within True Image. I really don't use the vanalla Bart/PE. I use UBCD4WIN which uses BART/PE. I may have to give a full test one of these days, but it does see all of my optical drives.

Storage_man

3. mustang

mustang Developer

Hello BobDat,

I have done a lot of work with the True Image 8 plugin for BartPE. As far as I know, it is not able to back up to either CD or DVD. You are correct, the CD/DVD drives do not appear as available backup locations. You can certainly use the two step approach of backing up to a hard drive and then copying to CD/DVD if you have a burning plugin, such as Nero, enabled in your BartPE.

Hello Storage Man,

You are correct. The CD/DVD drives do show up in the list of available restore sources in the BartPE plugin. I have successfully tested this with a DVD set created using the two step method. I was able to restore the C: Windows partition from DVD within BartPE. I have not tested it with a DVD created using packet writing software, but I think it should work.

mustang

4. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

Thanks Mustang. I thought I might be missing something obvious.

5. storage_man

Mustang

Now that u mention it, yes I can see them, but there is no way to write to them (CD/DVD drives). I don't think there is a plugin for nero to get INCD installed either.

Well my take on most of these procedures is use WINDOWs to create IMAGES, USE TI's boot environrment to create CLONES, and to Restore IMAGES along with using BART/PE for restore only.

Storage_man

6. mustang

mustang Developer

Hello Storage Man

There has been some work done on a plugin to get InCD working in BartPE. You can check it out here .

I have not played with this. It does not seem that anyone got it to work with True Image 8.

mustang

7. storage_man

Mustang

Thx - I will check this out.

Storage_man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.