BartPE Plugin Paragon Backup & Recovery 10

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by TerryWood, Nov 9, 2009.

1. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

works fine for meo_O

2. mikeg

mikeg Registered Member

Hello. I purchased B&R 10 Suite a few days ago and downloaded the WinPE based Recovery CD executable "Paragon-140-PRE_WinPERCD_10.0.11.11844_001.exe". Ran it, created a recovery disk and successfully booted from it. Done!

Is this thread basically for Paragon users with older versions or products that don't include link to WinPE auto-create executable? It looks like Paragon Tommy is talking about Drive Backup 9 so I skip that. Then SIW2 adds instructions for creating WinPE using Partition Manager 2010 free which is also not relevant for me. And many more posts after that...

Is there anything buried within this thread to further enhance my automatically generated WinPE disk?

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Mike,

Really it is for those who don't have the Paragon Winpe disc.

If you have that , you don't need an alternative version, such as bartpe.

There are some who want another boot disc as well, e.g. the bartpe can run on machines with less ram , the winpe you can make with the little app. I posted includes a few additional functions, e.g. password blanker, command prompt and so on.

( I must update that soon ).

4. mikeg

mikeg Registered Member

Thanks. I went back and re-read a Wikipedia reference on BartPE and WinPE. WinPE is definitely preferable for my system. Hopefully this clarification will help others who may be setting up an advanced recovery environment for the first time.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  5. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Mike,

You might chreck your account and see if you have the latest winpe disc.

A new version has been released - on the 10th , I think.

I just got a copy to have alook.

It's very impressive - pe3 and the new bootcorrector, and particularly the revised p2p function are excellent.

BR10 Suite has a huge amount of functionality.

6. blakev

blakev Registered Member

Hey, Mikeg, is the WinPE based Recovery CD executable "Paragon-140-PRE_WinPERCD_10.0.11.11844_001.exe" you say you downloaded available to us poor "owners" of the free version? I've had a hunt... Mostly in favour of doing my imaging off-line, so to speak.

7. Vera22

Vera22 Registered Member

Question for Paragon rep; why Paragon doesn't create the BartPE bootable cd,or however you want to call, so the user will just click or insert the disk and the intallation, boot will happen?!? You are the programers? All that c... how to use BartPE is not for regular user, or for people that are too busy to do that job for you. It is your product, Backup and Recovery, don't pass the buck, just offer all the ingredient and pieces for that product to work. Cause if I got to buy a car, they don't give the wheels packed separately and they ask me to put them together and fix to the car. That's ridiculous...same for the others that go the same venue like Macrium.

8. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

You need XP to make a Bartpe cd.

Paragon would have to pay microsoft for the bartpe cd's .

That's why they can't give them away.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  9. xded

xded Registered Member

10. dRag0nMa

dRag0nMa Registered Member

yep, link dead
    will it be fixed?

11. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

12. dRag0nMa

thanks very much, SIW2!
    quick question, dose this version support win7?

13. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

I don't use Bartpe - I make my own winpe3 boot media.

I see no reason why Bartpe wouldn't be fine for any windows o/s - it runs independently of the installed o/s , so should be fine.

14. dRag0nMa

got it.

15. kentha999

kentha999 Registered Member

Hi SIW. Thanks for all your efforts with this command script.
    I have been using your XP-file for creating bartpe iso with br10 incuded. I have managed to get the iso up and running and is presented with windows7 install window. Now i press shift+F10 and it opens a command prompt window with K:\Sources. What shall I do now?
    Hope you can help me. My systemdisk went down monday night and I have been at this since then.
    Best Regards
    Kenth Andersson:doubt:

16. Sope

Sope Registered Member

You're almost there!

Type "go" and hit "enter"
    (See post 36 of this thread)

17. kentha999

ThnX for the reply Sope.
    When I do, I get "go is not a internal command, external command..." the ordinary dos reply when the file do not exist. I made a dir go*.* and no files found. The one I dl from this tread wants to execute this line: Start "" "x:\sources\program\explauncher.exe" and I dont have explauncher and no folder called program in the sources folder. I am not sure if and from where XPVpecreator.cmd gets it. Can you tell me how to get this go command to work or what to write in the go.cmd file and where to put it so XPVpecreator.cmd can fetch and place it where it should be.
    Hoping for the best.
    Kenth Andersson:D

18. kentha999

I give up. I am going to buy this ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ product so I can get hold of the REAL recovery cd. ThanX for the help.:ouch:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2011
  19. Sope

Sope Registered Member

You can see in post 50 that I initially had the same problem as you. A little later SIW2 uploaded a modified version of his PeCreator v3.7 which worked perfectly for me. Obviously he's since updated it a few times but I can't comment on the latest version as I haven't tried it out.

Sorry I can't offer any useful input.
    Hopefully SIW2 will revisit this thread at some stage and be able to help you out.

Good luck.

Edit: Apologies, I only just noticed that you were trying to create a BartPE disc rather than a WinPe disc which is the one I had success with.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  20. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Kentha,

Sorry I didn't respond earler.

It is so long since I uploaded that I had forgotten about it.

If you are going to purchase a Paragon Product, you might like to look at the new HDM Suite - it is the first of the new range and has a lot of extra goodies.

21. freddyflint

freddyflint Registered Member

Still No Working Link.. error- Object Not Found

Whats the chances of a working link? It has been reported Multiple times of not working. And I have previously reported that the recovery version boot media is a Joke.

Fred

22. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Make a winpe3 paragon iso with your installed Paragon product:

1. Download the 32 bit windows 7 recovery iso ( if you are using 64 operating system - you still use the 32 bit iso )**

http://neosmart.net/blog/2009/windows-7-system-repair-discs/

http://cybernetnews.com/windows-7-recovery-disc/

2. Rt click the iso and extract it to your drive with 7-zip.

You should then have a folder on your drive , e.g. c:\myfolder containing this:

folder.jpg

3. Download the newpecreator file from here:

http://cid-b0a22789320e3247.office.live.com/self.aspx/Par/NEWPECREATOR.7z

Rt click and extract with 7-zip.

4. Rt click pecreator.exe and run as adminstrator.

It will ask you to browse to boot.wim, you will find it in the "sources" folder of your extracted iso ( see pic above ).

It will mount the boot.wim

It then asks you to browse to the Launcher.exe of your installed Paragon product - you will find it in the Paragon "program" folder.

All the necesaary files will be copied, registry settings and other adjustments made automatically.

The wim will be unmounted - It will take about 2mins to do all that.
    It will then create and burn the iso for you.

Boot it up and you get this:

newpar2.jpg

newpar6.jpg

newpar8.jpg

This is intended for the free B&R 11 ,

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/br-free/

but it should also work for any of the 10, 2010, 11, 2011 Partiton manager, Backup and Recovery, and Hard Disk Manager products.

**NOTE: If you have already run off the 32bit windows 7 recovery disc - you don't need to download it.

You can just put the 32bit system repair disc you created in the dvd drive , rt click , select COPY , then rt click the drive and select PASTE.

(32 bit windows 7 users have an option to do that -type create in start search box and click "Create a sytsem repair disc " when it pops up ).

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  23. ktec

ktec Registered Member

Hi, I dont want to make a new thread for this quick question.

For back up and Recovery 11, does the program need to be running for a scheduled task to run or will it open up automatically?

24. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Why post in this particular thread?

Your question has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with this thread.

Suggest you start a new one

25. anuraag

anuraag Registered Member

thanks

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.