BartPE Plugin - Extremely Slow

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jbmoar, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

I Have Tried The BartPE Plugin,I Was Not Impressed Other Than lots Of Programs On The Disc, The TI Plugin Was Extremely Slow,So Slow That I No Longer Use It,Maybe I Did something wrong Though, Just curious has anyone else had the same problem

2. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

It is fast when it has the right drivers for your SATA or PATA or SCSI controller.

3. storage_man

storage_man Registered Member

beenthereb4

Why don't u tell us how to get the right drivers installed. I have tried BartsPE and going to USB is acts like its only going at 1.1 speed. I have rebuilt the boot disk with an Original Win/XP Pro SP1 disc, and a Win/XP Pro Sp2 slipstreamed disc and every time I boot up Barts PE, it shows that its running SP0.

Thx - Storage_man

4. Rod Williams

Rod Williams Registered Member

I have a PCI USB 2 card for my external drive. Using the TI boot disk proved to be very slow. (Probably USB 1 speed) I then ran Bart PE and the speed was the same as my internal drive. I have Bart PE with SP1 slipstreamed. Don't know what you guys are experiencing but mine is fine. Anytime I see a problem with SP2 mentioned I have to consider SP2 as the potential problem.
    While loading Bart PE if you hit F6 it will let you install the drivers, from a floppy, for SATA, SCSI drives.

5. beenthereb4

Good advice on using SP1 to build if you have problems.

Use the downloads from this site:
    UBCDW

Be sure to use the driver pack, this make a fast disk for me. I have built from SP1 and SP2, each has advantages and disadvantages for various computers.

6. Tatou

Tatou Registered Member

I use reatogo at http://www.reatogo.de/ to produce the appropriate drivers for use with BArtPE

I have Xpsp2 (have to slipstream XP and sp2) and produced a BArtPE disc with Acronis BArtPE. I see all my drives (SATA) and USB drive.

I have found the backup and restore speed is equal to my normal environment.

7. beenthereb4

Good one! Reatago is especially good at capturing the drivers for the PC that it is built on. Even though it's supposed to be especially easy, I found it a little more difficult to follow the instructions as it popped up a lot of batch files that seemed confusing. I don't use it because it uses the XPE shell which is inherently slower to boot on older computers, however for most people with a newish computer it would be excellent

Last edited: Jul 17, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.