BartPE & Acronis Not Recognizing Multiple Disks

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by KMN, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KMN

KMN Registered Member

Hello,

I'm hopingt that the knowledge and expertise of this forum can help out at the same time I reading more...

I have a My Book Premium 320G External Hard Drive and connected via USB 2.0. The main reason why I purchased My Book was to use it as a backup in case of my internal hard drive crash. I used Acronis Image 9.0 and was successful not only of cloning my Internal HD to my 320G External HD, but I was able to create another partition on the External HD as a normal disk. It was very easy with Acronis.

Now it is time to determine if I can boot from the external HD. Well, it’s a little more difficult than I expected. Anyway, I decided to use my BartPE CDROM that I created and see what I can do. With BartPE up and running, it sees ALL the disks, both my internal and external. When I execute PROGRAM FILES/ACRONIS/BARTPE/FILES/Acronis.exe, the Acronis Window comes up as expected and looks normal. However, if I want to CLONE DISK or ADD A NEW DISK, it comes back with an error message that it only sees one drive/disk although BartPE clearly see ALL the drives/disks.

What am I missing or doing wrong? I have to admit that I haven’t created a STARTUP MANAGER, or SECURE ZONE or anything like that with Acronis yet, but I didn’t think I would have to with BartPE.

Your insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

What plugin did you use to create the BartPE disk? What build of TI are you using? The file name in my plugin is TrueImage.exe not Acronis.exe. I'm using TI 9.0 Home B3677 and Mustang's plugin. How did you build the BartPE disk?

3. KMN

KMN Registered Member

I'm also using TI 9.0 B3677. I have to admit, I'm new to this stuff so forgive my ignorance...

When I installed TI 9.0, I did the full blown install which included the BartPE. I created the BartPE CDROM using PE Builder v3.1.10 and the XP CDROM that I autostreamed with SP-2. I didn't add any plugin and I'm not aware of Mustang's plugin.

When I rebooted with BartPE and was up and running, I went to the PROGRAM FILES/ACRONIS/TrueImageHome/BARTPE/FILES and double clicked TrueImage.exe (you were right).

As I mentioned earlier, BartPE can see ALL the drives but TrueImage can not. So what am I doing wrong? Is it because I didn't add a plugin?

Thanks for your help.

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

You didn't buld the BartPE CD correctly:
    In order for it to work properly you have to copy the contents of the BartPE folder C:\program files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\BartPE to the plugin folder created when you installed BartPE. Then rerun PEbuilder and click on the Plugins button. When the plugin list appears make sure the TrueImage Home plugin is enabled. If not click on it and then click Enable and Close. The click Build. It sounds llike you were navigating to files on the hard drive not the CD. TrueImage should appear as a menu item when you click Start-->Programs when booted from the CD.

Attached Files:

5. KMN

KMN Registered Member

Thanks Tom! Now I understand...I will give it another try hopefully tonight if not tomorrow night.

I'll keep you posted....

6. KMN

KMN Registered Member

Hey Tom, it worked like a champ! Now I can clone, create do whatever I want. Thank you very much for your time, knowledge and patience!

Any chance you can help me figure out why BartPE can't find my network adapter? Is it because I didn't add another plugin?

Anyway, thanks again!

Karl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.