Bart PE

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Frankjg, Nov 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frankjg

Frankjg Registered Member

I installed TI10 and it works nicely but where do I find the Plug in Bart PE. I loaded it after I did a typical install but cannot find it.

Thanks

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

If it is like TI9, you need to do a Complete install.

3. mrgaryd

mrgaryd Registered Member

4. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

I'm afraid the link given by mrgaryd will lead to the TI8 plugin, which had to be downloaded separately.

Better follow seekforever's advice and rest assured that you are getting the plugin created from the version you are using.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
  5. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Or look here for Mustang's plugin http://www.mechrest.com/plugins/ for V10.

6. QuiGonJohn

QuiGonJohn Registered Member

I don't understand BartPE.

Can someone give me a good explanation of what it is, what it does and how to use or create it?

7. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

It is Windows which boots from a CD.

If you ever want to restore your system partition, you cannot do this from your normal Windows environment because many of the files are locked out by the OS.

You can do the restoration using the Linux rescue CD/Linux reboot. The trouble is that the drivers it uses are frozen with the build of ATI - you cannot add drivers. If you add a new hard disk or change your motherboard to one with a new chipset which are unsupported by the Linux drivers you will not be able to restore.

What BartPE does, is allow you to run the Windows version of ATI from a *CD* rather than from your hard disk meaning that the files on the hard disk are not locked out preventing restoration. It also allows you add new drivers which is not possible under the rescue disk. BartPE is nothing to do with Acronis, Acronis just supply the configuration required to install (or 'plugin') the Windows ATI program into the BartPE environment.

I found this post useful for setting up my BartPE:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=839781&postcount=1

F.

8. QuiGonJohn

So if you made a change, as you talked about, (mthrbd, HDD, etc.), would it pick those drivers up off the HDD or would you have to burn a new BartPE Rescue CD?

9. foghorne

the latter. But at least you are burning from the source rather than burning a fixed system which requires Acronis to get involved if you need to change it.

F.

10. QuiGonJohn

Wow, I just did a quick look thru of the info on BartPE. Like others have mentioned, I too know my way around a computer going back to the DOS days. And I think it seems quite complicated.

One thing right off that I don't get. On the getting started, they explain the steps. But I see no mention of how to incorporate a plug-in into the BartPE CD you are creating.

11. foghorne

Step 4:
    4. You are going to copy the Bart's PE plug in from the Acronis install to the "PlugIn" folder created in the PE

The most important bit of preparation is to ensure that you have an install disk for XP *including SP2*, or you have an install disk for XP and additionally, the SP2 installable. If you have the latter combination you need to slipstream SP2 into the XP files. If you are slipstreaming make sure you copy the XP CD to harddisk so that the slipstream can update its files with the SP2 ones.

To slipstream run PEBuilder and select Source/Slipstream from the menu. Once you have your SP2'd XP it is all cake and piss after that and you will be coming back to this forum telling us all so :D

F.

12. mrgaryd

Thank you for informing us about that, I am running ATI 9.0 build 3,677 does it contain the plugino_O

13. thomasjk

Yes, but you have to do a complete install (which is not the default ) to get it installed on your computer. If it is installed it will be in X:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Bartpe. X: is the drive to which you installed True Image.

14. mrgaryd

So if I did a typical install should I uninstall what I have and do a complete install( I had to D/L the upgrade for build 3,677)

15. thomasjk

That would be my suggestion. Keep track of you serial number when you reinstall.

16. mrgaryd

Would I have to re download the update? it was a pretty big file!!!!Would that be the number that came with the disk I purchased??ALSO-----Will I have to reregester ATI?

17. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

In fact, on TI complete install, the files and subdirectories comprising what is called "the TI plugin for BartPE" are only saved into

C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\BartPE

for you to copy them from the above into

C:\pebuilder3110a\plugin\trueimage

where the latter ...\trueimage (in my case) is a new subfolder you are advised to create to comply with the original PEbuilder structure, giving it any appropriate name.

After that you run PEbuilder to create a BartPE CD with True Image included.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
  18. mrgaryd

I did a complete install, but did not remove the original installation nor did I overwrite any of the previous files, did not get C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\BartPE,,,nor did I get C:\pebuilder3110a\plugin\trueimage, which brings me to believe I have to uninstall all of the existing ATI file and do a complete install, and D/L the update again_____TRUE??

19. foghorne

No.

pebuilder is not part of ATI.
    You need to download this from http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

Note that you should be able to add the BartPE plugin without uninstalling the rest of ATI. Run the ATI setup and select 'Modify' then ensure that the Bart PE option is selected and install it.

F.

20. mrgaryd

[/QUOTE]pebuilder is not part of ATI.

Note that you should be able to add the BartPE plugin without uninstalling the rest of ATI. Run the ATI setup and select 'Modify' then ensure that the Bart PE option is selected and install it.

F.[/QUOTE]

Where do you find 'Modify' iviewcapture_date_30_11_2006_time_12_19_21.jpg

21. mrgaryd

pebuilder is not part of ATI.

F
    Where do you find 'Modify' View attachment 185515

22. mrgaryd

Sorry about the double post

23. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Try clicking on the Acronis True Image icon. It should unfold for you to select the various install options.

Likewise if you click on the Rescue Media Builder icon you should get Full and Safe option and select both.

In short, you should opt to install everything if you want to explore all the TI functions.

24. mrgaryd

iviewcapture_date_30_11_2006_time_18_17_09.jpg
    This is what I get when I click ATI icon can you show what next please??

25. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

No, I meant in the screen you posted in #20. Or just select Complete (or something to that effect) on the screen before that, while installing.

I don't know of any means of unpacking the BartPE plugin files after the installation of TI has been accomplished.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.