Barchart/CBOT ActiveX Controls (Netspy related?)

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by aurelius, May 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aurelius

aurelius Registered Member

Hi

When I download the latest Spyware Blaster Updates a process named 'Barchart/CBOT ActiveX Controls' is run.

I was wondering where I could get more information about this.

Also I was wondering where I could get more info on the Netspy spyware. Since upgrading a related program Spybot I have had no more info about it being on my system. But it used to be a really persistent sob. Another user (haname) reported it on another thread. Netspy doesn't seem to be listed as a threat anywhere though. Perhaps Netspy was something to do with Spyware Blaster's functionality?

Thanks in advance iain

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

What program is telling you that 'Barchart/CBOT ActiveX Controls' is running? It might help us better understand once we see some details on this.

It might be best to have your current system state checked for spyware infections by following the later steps in this thread to post a HijackThis Log for the experts to review:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

3. aurelius

aurelius Registered Member

Whenever I run SpyWare Updates a Windows installer that installs Netspy is run. The program is called Barcharts/CBOT Active X controls.

Running the Spyware Update seems to activate this process. Cancelling rapidly the Installer processes is my current workaround until they cease and then I can proceed with the SDpyware Update in peace ... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.