Balloon Alerts Not Working

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Dazed_and_Confused, Nov 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Hello D&C..............OK...........this is rather dumb.....i kinda hate to write it.........here goes...........have you run chkdsk/ r

2. nisby79

nisby79 Registered Member

look at post #21-22

3. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Ok balloon alerts are definitely fixed, and for the next beta we have a nice little (unobtrusive) popup. You can choose to have PG put top left/right, bottom left/right, or center. Clicking takes you to the alert in the PG interface.

Standard balloon alerts are by default, these can be enabled with a registry key for now. I'll make some .reg files for this beta to change popup setting

5. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

If standard balloon alerts do not work according to my previous posts, then it has been disabled via a different than normal/correct method, or maybe its a bug with multi users.

All I can suggest is to try the trick with TweakUI enabling/disabling, and if that doesn't work then do it from every user account including Administrator to ensure they are all enabled. We could also check the registry for any other EnableBalloon entries, perhaps one was placed in HKLM (likely) and this overrides other settings per user.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.