Baidu Antivirus 2013

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by thanhtai2009, Feb 27, 2013.

1. guest

guest Guest

Re: Baidu Antivirus 2013 (Beta)

I think you can upload file from GUI.
    I submit many files about 1 month ago but they are still FP, so their service doesnt work fast.
    If you are using tweaked settings (engine level low to normal or high) it will give many FP.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      113.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      27.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

I think there is a problem with this version updating. My virus database version is still what it was when I installed it yesterday. Is anyone's Baidu Antivirus 3.4.1.29177 install taking updates?

Later...

3. siketa

siketa Registered Member

My last update was 45 mins ago....

4. aztony

aztony Registered Member

(Day 3) Checked this morning, still no auto updates. No go with manual update either. Just sent an email with the feedback feature to let them know. BAV is lighter on RAM resources than AVG which was the consideration to try it in the 1st place since the PC in question has a max RAM of 1Gb. As it stands I cannot trust this AV as a standalone.

5. fenson

fenson Registered Member

I installed the latest version yesterday & no updates as of today so i uninstalled it & sent feedback to them about it.The date said 5/3/2013.It stayed that date even after i manually tried to update it(It said up to date with the 5/3/2013 date).
    I noticed that if you right click the taskbar there is an option for usb protection under toolbars.I checked it & an icon appears on the taskbar,but if you try to right or left click it,it does nothing.There is no option for this in the main ui either.

6. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Registered Member

Im trying this AV out with online armor (baidu hips off) and im liking it alot. Nice and light and great detection rates. The only issue im having is detection oroblems (sort of) i was testing out eicar against it and baidu detected ans quarantined it. But when i wanted to restore it and retest it wasnt detected (i didnt choose to trust file...) However the file was nit alowed to run... Iñ a bit confusdd by that result.

Pardon my bad typing, im on a mobile phone lol

7. anon

anon Registered Member

8. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

wish it would auto update or manual update for that matter.

9. Trespasser

Obviously even The BigC is having updating issues as well.

Is siketa the only one who is receiving updates with Baidu Antivirus?

Strange.

Regards,

Bob

10. jaodsvuda

jaodsvuda Registered Member

Updates ? What updates ? :rolleyes:

updated.jpg

11. aztony

aztony Registered Member

Still no updates! On 5/13 when 1st installed, on the initial full scan run with Avira engine not enabled BAV netted 4 FPs. After uninstalling & reinstalling yesterday to see if that solved the problem with updates, I ran a full scan today with the Avira engine enabled. Bav netted 16 FPs + an Eicar file in my download folder. This issue with lack of updates + the sheer number of FPs suggest to me that if this is the final, this AV is not ready for prime time as a standalone.

12. SweX

SweX Registered Member

One can wonder if they actually have tested the "update functionality" before releasing the product to the public, shouldn't be that hard to get the update mechanism right. :doubt:

13. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

I just installed it on a clean XP Pro installation and it's been running a Full Scan for over 1 hour and it doesn't even reach the half yet... Is this the normal behavior?
    By the way, I'm running with all default options so Avira is disabled.

14. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I personally only ever do quick scans with AV products so have never done a full scan with Baidu. However the scan time will vary greatly depending on how many files there are to scan.

If the scan has not frozen, then just let it run.

15. Trespasser

If they fix this updating issue they'd have a real winner on their hands. It has a lot of nice features built into it. Granted, it is slower than molasses on a full scan, but, hey, it's all done through the clouds. On my Win 8 Pro 64 bit it took well over an hour to complete.

It appears to me the only thing that is really wrong with Baidu is them informing you that their main virus database has been updated. There's no virus definitions stored in this application (at least I couldn't find any).

Later...

16. atomomega

It did finish the Full Scan at 1 hour and 30~ minutes. Oddly enough, the progress bar suddenly jumped from around 40% to 90% so, it took less than I had calculated.

Totally agree with you.

17. aztony

aztony Registered Member

If the other BAV engines are functioning as part of the cloud and do not update on the PC, if the Avira engine is enabled shouldn't there be definition updates for it at least?

18. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I tried Baidu, but it would not detect threats in real-time (for instance when written to HDD after download, even though Baidu was set to do that). This was tested two days ago.

This software is definitely not mature yet. :(

19. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Baidu Antivirus 3.4.1.29680 [no changelog available yet]

sshot-1.png

20. siketa

siketa Registered Member

There is still no changelog for previous version either...:D
    Maybe this version solves update issue?

21. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I'm running the older version 3.2.1.27892 (because I haven't reboot yet after the program was updated) and the the definitions were updated two hours ago.

22. AVusah

AVusah Registered Member

Baidu seems to be hit or miss, Bitdefender style.

23. siketa

siketa Registered Member

No auto/manual program/AV updates from yesterday...:doubt:
    Downloaded and installed newer version over existing but AV DB is still stuck on 16-05-2013.

24. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

This non-updating was happening in one of the previous versions, they then updated it to v3.2.1.27892 with the 'update issues' fixed and the Updater was working fine. Since the last 2 programme updates no VDB updates.
    I have just downloaded Baidu Antivirus 3.4.1.29680 and installed over the top but still no DB updates. Like everyone else it's stuck at 15/5/2013.

25. atomomega

Did anyone got the new version thru auto-update?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.